OP
OP
CrashOverride

CrashOverride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Harbor Freight was originally intended for backyard mechanics, but they started to get into the professional tool end as well with Icon and a few other brands. I wouldn't be surprised if the Icon brand was just as good as Snap-On or Mac.
I've noticed this over the last year. I'll be honest, I kind of am mad about it. Not because the quality is better, but because I think they are making more brands to "wean" us off the coupons. Most of the new brands are seldom covered by the ubiquitous 20% off coupon. Also, I feel they actually cheapen some of their brands to give you no choice but to upgrade to the newer brand. Case in point - Pittsburg no longer has 6 point shallow sockets like they used to - not even "quinn" -- you have to get Icon.

Despite this, it is still a great tool store, but I usually do my old man grumble when I have to pay extra to buy a Bauer, or Quinn, or Hercules (etc.)
Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
You mean the built-in "click" is actually the bolt snapping off? :)

I actually have them and do use them - for larger fasteners. For tiny fasteners, I have an old fashioned beam-style that is way more accurate.
You got it exactly right!!!!