Sponsored

The GT Spare Wheel /Tyre Solution- "The Gnome Spare"

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
Ditto. Don't mind paying a bit more if it means getting all new and not having to spend time searching around wreckers etc and a day trip to the mountain isn't exactly a bad way to spend a day either.
Sponsored

12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase

RubyVert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Maggie the GT...
there about $920 for the lot but best to ring micheal
Pretty sure I heard him day about 8 hunge - would have gone direct to Tempe if it was $920.

I do need to clarify with him if he is buying them there because they need a 19mm nut instead of the stock 21mm.

There weren't any nuts delivered with the wheel - got to sort that out straight away.

Cheers

J

Red Stang 302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Fastback GT 5.0 - Manual - Race Red
Pretty sure I heard him day about 8 hunge - would have gone direct to Tempe if it was $920.

I do need to clarify with him if he is buying them there because they need a 19mm nut instead of the stock 21mm.

There weren't any nuts delivered with the wheel - got to sort that out straight away.

Cheers

J
If it is the 'Gnome' Spare from Tempe Tyres, you will need the new Lug Nuts and the Plastic Centreing Ring that fits on the Wheel Hub, to ensure the Wheel is centred on the Hub.

I paid $550 from Tempe Tyres, for my Wheel, Nuts and Centreing Ring.

CasperGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
GT Black Fastback (Drake)
If it is the 'Gnome' Spare from Tempe Tyres, you will need the new Lug Nuts and the Plastic Centreing Ring that fits on the Wheel Hub, to ensure the Wheel is centred on the Hub.

I paid $600 delivered to Brisbane and included centre ring and nuts. They also do the balance inclusive.

Sponsored

OP
OP
PG68

PG68

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Oxford white GT Fastback 6speed
I remember approx 5 months or so ago we were all waiting for our Tempe / Gnome spares, they were on back order from Tempe at that time.

Someone here spoke to Tempe and were told about 60 spares were ordered by Ford (Australia or just dealerships only I do not know). So this explains why we may be seeing the spare tyre and jack packages sold through dealerships as an option.

Someone even commented that Gnome should receive a commission for his hard work at that time when it was first posted.

peambros

Inner westie
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
RR MY2016 V8 Fastback
Tempe mentioned the large Ford order to me when I was picking up the spare around that time.

trumpeteer_au

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rapid Red GT Auto

What does the centre ring look like? I don't have one and I don't remember getting one. Maybe I just didn't recognise what it was and put it away carefully somewhere.:headbonk:

Kramer82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2017 MT Magnetic with OTT Stripes
Just ordered mine. Came to $600.
$575 plus $25 extra delivery to Melbourne.

Guess the prices went up?

Kramer82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2017 MT Magnetic with OTT Stripes
Wow I called up and ordered yesterday and it arrived this morning Sydney to Melbourne . No idea how they managed that when Aus post take a week to send a letter within melbourne.

Sponsored

RubyVert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Maggie the GT...

Cheers

J
Got my nuts now - were delivered to dealer but not passed on, dealer also supplied a strap to hold tyre in place in the well.
Bought some foam sheets at Bunnings to build floor up to flat surface again.

Cheers

J

ian b

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
GT Manual Deep Impact Blue
Got my nuts now - were delivered to dealer but not passed on, dealer also supplied a strap to hold tyre in place in the well.
Bought some foam sheets at Bunnings to build floor up to flat surface again.

Cheers

J
before you use the strap take a look at my previous post #44 in this thread for an alternative.

RubyVert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Maggie the GT...
before you use the strap take a look at my previous post #44 in this thread for an alternative.
Yep - I do have the spare top round plastic with the thread, did the same for the boss's vert spare wheel.

The strap works fine and is easy to use - see how it goes.

Going to have a bag in the boot to carry the timber, socket bar and sockets - will also keep the supplied pump also, just in case.

Cheers

J

Surrexen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Can someone who bought the spare tyre solution recently confirm the part number of the wheel on their invoice for me? Call me paranoid but I want to make sure I've got the right rim.

Zee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2003 WRX, 2013 Forester XT
Can someone who bought the spare tyre solution recently confirm the part number of the wheel on their invoice for me? Call me paranoid but I want to make sure I've got the right rim.

Taken straight off my invoice from Dec 2016.

FR1197005MK SIMMONS 19x7.0 5x108-120 ET0-52 CB73.1
MK(Full Satin Black)
M20mm 73.1 DBH 5X114.3 ET+20
1756019EP500 BRIDGESTONE 175/60R19 86Q EP500* BMW
Sponsored