Sponsored

The GT/Ecoboost/V6 Rivalry!

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
Ha ha.....

The reason the majority of criticism goes to the V8 guys is because while everyone may be civil here - out in the street isolated in our cars - things are different. Ask any V6 or Ecoboost guy what happens when they pull along side a V8 guy at the light. Instead of a nod or roll down and talk they more likely gun the motor and try to intimidate instead. Then let us say you all end up at a car show and it’s all back to pleasantries. There’s a bit of hypocrisy there don’t you think? I know this is the truth because I did it back in my V8 days which basically went from mid-2017 and then back 35 years...

Now I’ll be fair to the V8 guys...

Part of the problem is also that the Ecoboost and V6 guys - especially if they are young - let themselves be intimidated by all this. I’m here to tell you turbo 4 and V6 guys that you have a chance at the lights! Sure given enough space the V8 will get ahead but street races rarely go that long. If you pull up along side a V8 dude and he guns the motor - gun your motor too and have a go when the light turns green - you may be pleasantly surprised. Even more so on the twisty roads!

I never come up on a Mustang GT but I do with Porsche’s and in almost every case the driver has zero ability and gets beat off the line or chickens out in a turn. It is ridiculously funny to see what they do when their ego takes a hit. One Porsche guy chickened out in a decreasing radius turn, then drove down side streets like a mad man when I already finished with him, just to pull out in front of me at some stop sign. Too funny...but I digress...

It’s a two way street with the V8 and non-V8 guys. I now see it from both perspectives. I suppose some V8 guys may see me as a bit of a turn coat - but all I say is:

V6 Forever!!!!!

Repent! Repent!

This is so ridiculous. I’ve pulled alongside EB and V6 Mustangs at lights. I’ve had 3 Mustang GTs since 2008 and I’ve never felt the urge to do anything. I don’t race or try to show off. If they get sound envy, I wouldn’t know nor can I do anything about it.

But I could care less about trying to race away from another Mustang or really anyone. That’s so juvenile and cheesy.
Sponsored

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
I've never had anyone in a more powerful car ever talk down to me, or try to make themselves look superior. Every time I've spoken to anyone in a bad ass car (993 turbo, 650s, 911 gt3, GTR, GT500 etc) at a light it's always been pleasantries. I've run into a few tools at car shows, and their cars usually look like shit, but they think they are amazing. I didn't know there was a rivalry between different trims, so that's news to me.

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
I've never had anyone in a more powerful car ever talk down to me, or try to make themselves look superior. Every time I've spoken to anyone in a bad ass car (993 turbo, 650s, 911 gt3, GTR, GT500 etc) at a light it's always been pleasantries. I've run into a few tools at car shows, and their cars usually look like shit, but they think they are amazing. I didn't know there was a rivalry between different trims, so that's news to me.

Well there is a reason why we have a policy against inter model bashing at his board. It exists and I’ve seen it all over this board and others. There is one difference than when I was a kid and that is that the median age of the Mustang driver has gone way up as in probably the 50s now. That may have tamed things a bit - but only a bit.

Man...

Anyone reading this thread would think Mustang owners never put their foot down on the accelerator. Oh yes, only at the track or drag strip! :cwl: Well maybe Mexico, I go to the nearest Indian Reservation. There is nothing wrong with admitting you like speed and the thrill of going around a corner fast. And screw the sound! I hardly ever heard people jacking off to V8 rumble back in the day. Probably because almost every car has a V8. V8 rumble meant you needed a new muffler...

But all of you puritans enjoy your slower and safer lives. Soon we won’t need judgment day as driverless cars will plug up every street and bog everything down. But you will still have V8 rumble; even in your electric car. There is always that... :crackup:

Repents sinners - Repent! There is still time!

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
You dingdongs fell for fatguys bullshit again???? His posts are usually dumb ass hell! And design to piss everyone Off. He’s gets people more worked up. Than blue font on a Camaro forum does.:crackup: But anyway. EB/v6 guys back to your whining and crying. V8 guys keep trying to out douche each other.:like::wink:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
You dingdongs fell for fatguys bullshit again???? His posts are usually dumb ass hell! And design to piss everyone Off. He’s gets people more worked up. Than blue font on a Camaro forum does.:crackup: But anyway. EB/v6 guys back to your whining and crying. V8 guys keep trying to out douche each other.:like::wink:

Actually they didn’t. And that is a good sign. It’s a car forum after all and there is more to life than a car. I’m spending more on two trips in the next two weeks (than an upgrade to a GT) for an altruistic purpose and that is more important than a Mustang GT.

So Fats has mellowed out in his old age...

But whatever...

Sponsored

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Rivalry? Why the hell would I care what anyone thinks of MY car? Unless they are paying for it - they're not - so who cares? I bought my car for me. I work on it for me. My only interaction with random Mustang drivers has been positive. I did have a GT driver at a gas station keep telling me I was BS'ng him that my car was only a V6 but he gets a pass. His car (previous gen) was so loud, in combination with a stereo designed to be loud enough to overcome the exhaust I guess, he likely had major hearing damage.

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Rivalry? Why the hell would I care what anyone thinks of MY car? Unless they are paying for it - they're not - so who cares? I bought my car for me. I work on it for me. My only interaction with random Mustang drivers has been positive. I did have a GT driver at a gas station keep telling me I was BS'ng him that my car was only a V6 but he gets a pass. His car (previous gen) was so loud, in combination with a stereo designed to be loud enough to overcome the exhaust I guess, he likely had major hearing damage.

I hear you! I remember that I but I would not have shown him the proof. Just admit you drive a V6. Say you are sorry and gun the motor as you leave so he knows what you have... :crackup:

Off topic but if you use Hotels.com you lose all your nights toward the free night after 11 months! So if you go to the same place every year you are screwed!!! :curse: Use Trivago instead! - Hotel rant over...

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Off topic but if you use Hotels.com you lose all your nights toward the free night after 11 months! So if you go to the same place every year you are screwed!!! :curse: Use Trivago instead! - Hotel rant over...
Exactly 12 months to the day, not 11.

A couple of times, I've had so much value accrued that it was cheaper to just book a night at the cheapest local fleabag to keep the points than to lose the value for a vacation a few months later.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Exactly 12 months to the day, not 11.

A couple of time, I've had so much value accrued that it was cheaper to just book a night at the cheapest local fleabag to keep the points than to lise the value for a vacation a few months later.

My bad as I got the notification weeks before that I would lose the points. Yes I did like you and booked a non-refundable night a day before expiry and the balance of the first week with free cancelation. So I may get moved after the first night... The days are still there! This matters as they are all in the Turtle Bay area of Manhattan so we are talking hundreds of dollars here.

So I get the night and probably have another time limit with that! And I love the email they send: “As you haven’t collected any Hotels.com™ Rewards nights in the last 11 months, you may end up losing all of them.”

I especially love the subject line too: Your earned nights end on 02/06/2019! (Yes, it’s true) :cwl:

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
I don't mind some good-natured rivalry among the different models. Just as long as all of us understand, no matter if our Mustangs are V8, V6, I4, Fox body, even Mustang II, we are all one band of brothers if some jackhole in a Camaro or Challenger starts badmouthing Stangs. :rockon:

Sponsored

Blown86GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Agreed. Think his train left reality town with his nonsensical BS posts coupled with a bizarre internet persona.

Last edited:

TricarboNate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Orange GT
Funny thing is on the internet, there is not as much hate towards the V6.

In real life.........oh boy....EVERYBODY has given me guff about having a V6 and not a GT. To this day they still think I just slapped 5.0 badges on a V6 lol. Only people that didn't know/care the difference were woman or people who don't know much about cars....they think a Mustang is a Mustang.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
There is no rivalry with me. I can't care any less than what I do what the h*ll you drive. EB, V6, GT, Camaro, dump truck, or a f*cking wheelbarrow, they're all invited in my driveway. Feel free to come over and talk about cars, women, football, drink my beer and goof off. It's all good no matter what the emblem or badge.

5.2 liters of democracy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
There is no rivalry with me. I can't care any less than what I do what the h*ll you drive. EB, V6, GT, Camaro, dump truck, or a f*cking wheelbarrow, they're all invited in my driveway. Feel free to come over and talk about cars, women, football, drink my beer and goof off. It's all good no matter what the emblem or badge.
Can we be best friends? I'll supply the beer and dump truck.

TripleB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Snack Pack- Whipple Stage 2
I don't hate the EB and v6 guys, I hate the guys that put other trim model badges on their cars like to Cobra on GT's. It's completely awful and should be ridiculed at all times, everywhere.
Sponsored