wildsailor

This Club for me?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I have been trolling the exhaust sound thread and listening to the different tones and volume levels of all the different exhaust mods people are installing. I have been squinting one eye, tilting my head, and saying...'uh, not quite yet.' So far the best one, to my ear anyway, is the Borla 'Touring' Catback system. Not too loud but still somewhat robust. But, that is not really the topic of this post.

I have read a lot of comments regarding the exhaust note on our 2.3T and they are not always complimentary. However, we are talking about the personal tastes of a car costing $26k-$33k. Some pretty much hate it. I, personally, do not think it is all that bad, especially not all the way over in the 'hate' end of the spectrum. However....

Yesterday on my way home in rush hour traffic I was joined by a Ferrari F450 rapidly coming down the entrance ramp followed by a quick maneuver which landed him straight over in the center lane directly in front of me. Okay, I will brake to let your $100k+ car in. I had my windows down because it was a beautiful 85 degree day so I got the full 'wrrrrrraaaaappppp' loud and clear as we accelerated and decelerated continuously in stop and go traffic. What a horrible exhaust note from that thing. It sounded like a pair of chainsaws without mufflers. The car sounded like the driver was taking it up to about 6-7k RPM and then engine braking back down with every accel/decel. That thing can sure bellow out the raspy harshness. I had to close my windows. It wasn't long and he was off in the left lane flying and he was gone.

You don't see Ferrari's very often and I remember the Testarossa days (someone had one in my neighborhood and used to bring it out on cruise night). Those, and the Lamborghini's I have heard, seem to sound pretty fine but whatever is in the F450 sure was not pleasant.

This is all just personal opinion of course as everyone's taste is different. However, last night I checked on Youtube and yes, there are some examples on there to listen to. In my opinion, the EB Mustang is much better sounding all the way around!
Sponsored

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Ah, the elusive F450 unicorn. Do you know what the rear looked like?

F430

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
This is all just personal opinion of course as everyone's taste is different. However, last night I checked on Youtube and yes, there are some examples on there to listen to. In my opinion, the EB Mustang is much better sounding all the way around!
:lol::doh:

Sponsored

dabsevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Black
LMAO
ecoboost sounds terrible i love my car but im not going to credit the exhaust in any way

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Okay, i like how the EcoBoost sounds with a good catback, but NOTHING sounds like a Ferrari 458. That exhaust note is glorious.

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
Hopefully everyone replying has listened to the exhaust note. Full tilt it sounds like an f1 car, fantastic! However lower Revs and cruising I agree with op,not great.

aggieStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 1965 Mustang Coupe
There is one flaw in your logic. He can spund like crap because he can do 0-60 in 3 sec flat. If my car was that fast and sounded like a post taco bell bathroom symphony id still drive it! Id prefer not to be mildly peppy in the speed dept and sound like a hoover with busted gears just to save a few bucks.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
That Ferrari redlines at 9K. 6K is a blip of the pedal.

Sponsored
OP
OP
wildsailor

wildsailor

This Club for me?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
LOL...I am not saying I wouldn't want one. I have thought about a Ferrari a long time but yes, it wasn't full tilt. In the band he was driving it the car was nasty sounding. Earplugs may take care of it.