Sponsored

The annoying console shifter area BUZZ, has anyone here fixed this and how?

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
this is starting to annoy me reving my car out there is an annoying resonance from the console shifter area, i wont have any time to remove the console this week but i wonder if some Dynamat and padding would correct this, does anyone know if this resonance is in the shifter mechanism, transmission or just the hard plastic console and trim ring?

If someone here has a solution please post it up or link me to the thread,

thanks
Sponsored

bmclaurin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Shelby GT350
I'm interested in hearing responses to this as well. I think some of it emanates from the reverse lockout mechanism/ring. If true, yet another reason to try an MGW.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Do you have anything in the cup holders when you hear it this? Also, where are your keys located when you hear it?

NvrFinished

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
I have this same problem with my GT. It reared its ugly head a few months after installing my MGW shifter. The cup holders and tray below the radio stack are empty when it happens. It usually occurs when cruising at hwy speeds. I've tried pulling on the center counsel, pushing down on the chrome trim ring, and gripping the base of the shifter through the boot when the buzzing occurs. I can never isolate it. I had purchased extra dynomat which I placed above and below the transmission tunnel when I did the install just so I could avoid such issues.

I know it's not the shifter handle since the MGW eliminates the reverse lockout collar. I'm at the point now of just removing the center counsel pieces one by one to see if I can figure out what is causing the problem. It's driving me nuts!

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
Are you hearing something from the center console perhaps? This was documented during this review. He comments this issue around 8:20 in the video.

[ame]

Sponsored

OP
OP

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
Are you hearing something from the center console perhaps? This was documented during this review. He comments this issue around 8:20 in the video.

exact same thing they mentioned in this review, nothing in cupholder, key in pocket, i will remove the console when i get time and Dynamat the underside and possible put some Dynamat foam around the shifter area and see if this helps, the engine does have a funky resonance so this is expected i am sure. Porsche buzz like crazy sometimes

Deca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
mine resonates as well - guess what, it's the plastic 'shaker' logo insert..how ironic..pressing it kills the buzz

OP
OP

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
mine resonates as well - guess what, it's the plastic 'shaker' logo insert..how ironic..pressing it kills the buzz
now i need to check mine, doesnt that piece pop out easily> i bet some felt to the backside would fix this or dyanamat

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I have no shaker and mine does it too.... can you show us a pic of the you are talking about ? Thanks

Sponsored

Lurker_350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Tech
Try carefully lifting up on the reverse lockout next time it happens. That is generally the culprit. I didn't believe it until I tried it.

Note that some dealers will process a new shifter under warranty, but my selling dealer wouldn't......

I think there is an existing thread about it.

cattivo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geno
Vehicle(s)
17GT350
Try carefully lifting up on the reverse lockout next time it happens. That is generally the culprit. I didn't believe it until I tried it.

Note that some dealers will process a new shifter under warranty, but my selling dealer wouldn't......

I think there is an existing thread about it.
That might be a good call! My vibration is definitely from the shifter, not the console or cup holders. When I take a firm grasp of the shifter it goes away, but couldn't pinpoint it specifically. Might have it now, thanks!:thumbsup:

STFUdonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 AG
I was getting a loud buzz from the shifter at mid range RPM's, especially when laying off the throttle. It's presently at my dealership getting a new shifter put in. We shall see how that turns out.