Sponsored

Texas Title & Registration

Codeblue009

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Steeda FJG Mach 1 Handling Package - 6 Speed
Hello All,

Can anyone from Texas who bought a vehicle from Granger tell me if they had to have a Texas vehicle inspection before the car could be titled & registered? I tried to get the car titled & registered yesterday, and they told me I need to have the Texas vehicle inspection. I would greatly appreciate your response. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
In Texas, you need to have a valid inspection in the computer files before they'll issue a registration, at least that's the case when you renew your registration. New or Used, seems to be the same rule.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
In Texas, you need to have a valid inspection in the computer files before they'll issue a registration, at least that's the case when you renew your registration. New or Used, seems to be the same rule.
Yeah I presume Texas dealers handle the inspections for new cars because you fill out the Texas title application and pay the tax and fees at purchase. When buying out of state that step hasn't occurred.

OP
OP
Codeblue009

Codeblue009

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok thanks. I will have to wait for the vehicle to get shipped here to do that then. Thanks for the response.

ShapeShifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I bought from Granger and registered/titled in Texas. I needed just the basic inspection, which literally consisted of absolutely nothing but the tech at Valvoline printing a sheet of paper for me. No appointment, took 5 minutes, cost like $20. Since it is brand new they didn't actually have to "inspect" anything.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Codeblue009

Codeblue009

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I bought from Granger and registered/titled in Texas. I needed just the basic inspection, which literally consisted of absolutely nothing but the tech at Valvoline printing a sheet of paper for me. No appointment, took 5 minutes, cost like $20. Since it is brand new they didn't actually have to "inspect" anything.
Ok thank you. That is what I am going to do also. I didn't realize a brand new car from the factory needed to go through that.

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
Used to live there and yes can be done at any "certified" inspection location. btw I see you chose well when putting your Mach 1 options together. LOL

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Yep, safety inspection then you can register. That's what I had to do. To make matters even more fun, the dealership sent the original paperwork to the wrong tax office for me and then the paperwork got lost in the mail..... Registering this was a nightmare because of that.

This wasn't Granger that sent it. Different dealer I bought my 2021 from after my order got cancelled.

Pony fever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 mach 1, 2013 fusion titanium
Indiana is the same. Most states probably are. In indiana if u buy an out of state car a sheriff will come to your house and verify the vin. He'll fill out the paperwork and then u take the paper to the bmv. No charge. But they have 2 verify vin and make sure it's not stolen. Again that's indiana

Sponsored

Techapma

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1, HP, FJG, M6
Make sure you get it inspected in the county in which you live. Some counties only require safety inspection, while others do safety and emissions. If you live in a safety+emission county, and get an inspection in a safety only county you will be turned away at the office (I learned the hard way after first moving to TX).

Also, I found that going to a place like http://frytitle.com/ is much faster than then sitting at the county tax office.

OP
OP
Codeblue009

Codeblue009

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Make sure you get it inspected in the county in which you live. Some counties only require safety inspection, while others do safety and emissions. If you live in a safety+emission county, and get an inspection in a safety only county you will be turned away at the office (I learned the hard way after first moving to TX).

Also, I found that going to a place like http://frytitle.com/ is much faster than then sitting at the county tax office.
Thanks. I went to the County Office, that is how I found out I could not register my car without the inspection. I didn't think it was right, but after all of you have confirmed it, I was wrong. I still can't believe a car from the factory has to be inspected.

OutWest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Old Person Special Mach 1
Thanks. I went to the County Office, that is how I found out I could not register my car without the inspection. I didn't think it was right, but after all of you have confirmed it, I was wrong. I still can't believe a car from the factory has to be inspected.
It is quite common since a state does not know if you already done any modifications or not, and the out of state dealer is not under its jurisdiction

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
Yeah I remember that pain when I lived in TX for two years and had a car delivered by Military Autosource there. So glad I am in AL now...no car inspections. When I registered my car here in AL, an old guy came into the office and was registering his car after "forgetting to" for like 5 years. The lady just made him pay for the current year! gotta love small towns in the south.
Sponsored