Test drove a new 2015 mustang PP

DABKO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt & 2001 DHG Bullitt
My '01 BULLITT felt a lot faster than this car, other than how quick this one gets to redline. The BULLITT almost felt violent when I drove it, banging through the first three gears at least. Obvious this car will run circles around my (stock) BULLITT.

Maybe Dabko will see this thread and comment on it (since he still has his '01 BULLITT.)
...Well My Bullitt has 3.73:1 gears and a tune and it does not compare to this '15 with the Automatic with 3.55:1 gears. After spending a week driving the '15 I washed both cars today and took the '01 out for a short ride. The '01 felt slow, to the point that I felt something was wrong with it. I realized that I became adjusted to the '15's quick throttle response and overall acceleration. The '15s acceleration is very deceptive. On Friday night, I took Kathy, my wife, to a restaurant in Novi, MI. From a 70 mph roll I hit 100 mph very quickly....it surprised even me. Basically the '15 accelerates quickly without any theatrics.
Sponsored

mlor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 BMW 135i
This might be a problem for many of us, which is why I plan for an exhaust mod. :)

The Dr. needs more seat time maybe, unless he is just politely trolling us all. :D
...Well My Bullitt has 3.73:1 gears and a tune and it does not compare to this '15 with the Automatic with 3.55:1 gears. After spending a week driving the '15 I washed both cars today and took the '01 our for a short ride. The '01 felt slow, to the point that I felt something was wrong with it. I realized that I became adjusted to the '15's quick throttle response and overall acceleration. The '15s acceleration is very deceptive. On Friday night, I took Kathy, my wife, to a restaurant in Novi, MI. From a 70 mph roll I hit 100 mph very quickly....it surprised even me. Basically the '15 accelerates quickly without any theatrics.
See... these are the things I like to hear.

2wheels4me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GTPP, Much-Modded Fiat 500 Sport, 911 Carrera S
Proper exhaust sound (and its increased performance) will make it a lot more fun yet; It will be talking to you when you push the pedal, a huge part of the feels-fast experience.

forg0tmypen

Threads
Reaction score
I have an automatic 2015 Mustang GT, and a C7 Corvette. Mustang feels plenty fast to me, and I love the throttle response in the automatic. My C7 is a stick and supercharged. Of course it's faster but that car is slow or fast, no happy medium. Mustang feels about perfect to me. I probably won't even mod the car that much...
How did the GT compare to your C7 before you supercharged it? I am coming from a C6Z06 with a cam and tune. I dont expect similar seat of pants feel but would like some thrills hehe

Sponsored

Pakman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT350
If your coming from an S6 nothing else will feel as explosive. S6's have AWD if I'm not mistaken? That off the line traction is hard to match with RWD
^This^

Thanks for the input OP. Definetly wait for the SVT model. You're driving an S6... The GT, which is half the price, is going to feel slow if you're used to the S6. That S6 is what? 0-60 in 3.6 seconds? This GT is 0-60 in 4.4 sec. That's a significant difference. Not only will the GT feel slow to you but it is! Haha.

Or maybe it's just the unexpected refinement. Test drive a 14 5.0 and see if you "feel" it's fast?

jeebuspwnz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
m3
Feel is a funny thing. My previous car was a BRZ with minor mods (suspension, wheels/tires, exhaust, tune, and I ran e85). With the power mods, the car made around 235hp at the crank...sooo...not a lot. However, due to the seating position being so low, the car having essentially no sound deadening, everything was immediate and raw...that car actually felt pretty quick. In reality, it did 0-60 in the high 5 second range, lol. On the flipside, my 335d with a tune made around 550ft-lbs of torque. It ran 12s without trying. It did not FEEL all that exhilarating or fast.