Sponsored

Tailgaters

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I think this example is probably UK specific as most roads are single lane here. There's a phenomenon known as the '40 everywhere driver'. They are typically quite old and only drive at one speed no matter what. This means they tail gate the shit out of you in a residential street with a 30 limit then hold up absolutely everything and everyone on a country road with a national limit (60mph). It's very annoying.
I notice that here in the US, but usually it's people that drive just slightly over 70 mph whether the speed limit is 70, 65, 55 - they don't care.

I usually set the cruise at 10-15 over on the freeway (normal flow of traffic) and hang out in the number 3 lane as much as possible. Really only use the 4 for passing, but with the way everyone around here drives, I usually pass in the 2 or 1.
That's what typical MN drivers do too. Nobody properly stays right unless passing. People show a preference for being in the middle or left lanes, no matter what speed they are travelling or whether someone is overtaking them or not. I'm always pleasantly surprised on the rare occasions that someone moves to the right when not passing.
Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
The law enforcement agencies I worked with told me if you want to avoid tickets, stay out of the left lane. But, Wisconsin drivers are usually in whatever lane they feel like being in, no rhyme or reason.