Sponsored

Sync updates and navigation snafus

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Hey, has anyone upgraded the Sync/MFT software? fordowner.com claims there is a new update for my Mustang (registered with my VIN etc.) but when I look into it it also says it's only for A3-A7 map cards... which we know is for US models. So I'm curious if anything will break if I try...?!

I also was wondering if everyone elses voice navigation is funky?!

When I driving home yesterday it kept saying things like...
"in 20, 900 meters turn left, 100 meters on to the"

So, it seemed confused as to where "we" were and didn't know where we should go (i.e. I'm assuming it was supposed to read out the street names instead of saying "on to the ...")
Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
I upgraded my Sync to 3.8 via owner.ford.com. After entering my VIN I got a zip file with the correct EU software and the installation went trouble free. You need to do this on a longer trip, because the engine needs te be on and it takes about 30 minutes.

Apart from adding some Apple integration stuff that I don't use I don't know what else changed in the software but I guess they ironed out some bugs.

With regard to navigation voice errors I don't really know, I usually have these muted because I find it annoying when people are interrupting my music.

OP
OP

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Soooo... how do you know it was the correct EU software?

I'm getting a 8470989628049316915\EA5T-14D544-AD.zip file...

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
My zip was named Gen2v38build15128updatepackageEULangpack6Rev2

OP
OP

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
huh... the system should know it's an EU model based on the VIN... not sure I wan't to try this update now... :/

(on the other hand it seems like maybe the bootup animation could be changed as it's a simple .mp4 file in the update files...)

Sponsored

OP
OP

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
[MENTION=7100]Ericc B[/MENTION] did you sign up at fordowner.com with a US address or did you find a way to use a European address?!

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
I also used my real address until I had to put some fake data :)
My zip file is named similar to Eric's one with difference in langpack reference, but since it seems to have only Siri integration that I don't use, I haven't updated it yet. But I haven't any issues with navigation voice.

My daily commute is shorter than 30 minutes and I don't want to waste fuel keeping car on in my driveway for so long!

OP
OP

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Is either of your sync2 localized? Mine is only in English, French (Canadian) or Spanish (Mexican?)...

The car center display is localized though...

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Is either of your sync2 localized? Mine is only in English, French (Canadian) or Spanish (Mexican?)...

The car center display is localized though...
Yes mine is in italian: speech recognition, navigation directions (written and spoken) and the entire user interface.

This is one of the reason why we are noty good with foreign languages :D FYI, all foreign movier are translated and dubbed in italian!

Sponsored

vieirinha33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
André
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost Race Red
Yes mine is in italian: speech recognition, navigation directions (written and spoken) and the entire user interface.

This is one of the reason why we are noty good with foreign languages :D FYI, all foreign movier are translated and dubbed in italian!
I cannot imagine Jackie Chan or Eddie Murphy talking italian....... LOL :lol:

OP
OP

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
I can :) Well French anyway... took a boat from Nice to Corsica one time and the entertainment was an American comedy ("Blue Streak" I believe?) ... dubbed in French :D

(I would suppose that a lot of the passengers were tourists aswell so it was a bit fun...)

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Is either of your sync2 localized?
Mine is in Dutch. I would prefer the English setting but unfortunately I need Dutch for voice recognition of Dutch address data to work. It does crack me up from time to time though when confirming selected music tracks. Or when I receive a voice mail text and it tries to say T-Mobile :D

OP
OP

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
That may explain different file names then... I'm not holding out for a Norwegian version due to our small population and general English acknowledgement.

I tried using a Norwegian NAV system in the US once - thinking Norwegian directions would be easier to react to in an unknown environment - but the fumbling it did with street names made it so bad I had to switch to English :D maybe that's what's going on in reverse now :D

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
I cannot imagine Jackie Chan or Eddie Murphy talking italian....... LOL :lol:
Really?

[ame]

This is the way we know american (or other nationalities) actors. For us, this is the voice of Eddie Murphy! Just a quick note: it's the same dubber (the great Tonino Accolla) that also played Homer Simpson for 23 seasons. When he unfortunately died :( in 2013, The Simpsons had a major drop in popularity!

Mine is in Dutch. I would prefer the English setting but unfortunately I need Dutch for voice recognition of Dutch address data to work. It does crack me up from time to time though when confirming selected music tracks. Or when I receive a voice mail text and it tries to say T-Mobile :D
Voice recognition works pretty weel, even recognizing english names I tried to read in english with italian accent :D
Sponsored