Sponsored

Sync update?

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
I've been getting prompted to download JR3T-14G423-CA_130684.tar.gz over WiFi but as usual nothing happens.

If I go to the download page I don't see any new updates and if I check history on the ford website it says I have the latest version JR3T-14G381-AJ.

Anyone know what's going on with the updates?
Sponsored

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I've been getting prompted to download JR3T-14G423-CA_130684.tar.gz over WiFi but as usual nothing happens.

If I go to the download page I don't see any new updates and if I check history on the ford website it says I have the latest version JR3T-14G381-AJ.

Anyone know what's going on with the updates?
sounds like the wifi update was made before it came to the website,it takes a while to download over wifi so dont expect it to be done in 5mins, takes couple days..

if you want the update right away you can use a different vin

MCF84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
I tried doing this update and left the car running (like Ford said to do) and kept it running for around 2 hours. Car was always connected to WiFi in the garage and it still wouldn’t update. Finally they told me to just take it to the dealer since the update wasn’t responding.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
As has been said repeatedly in every Ford car forum, Sync updates do not work well if at all via WIFI.

So many threads showing you how to download the files to USB and update manually.

Is very easy even for non IT people. :)

OP
OP

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
Yeah, it just doesn't show up on the web site yet. I though they had fixed the WiFi issues on the previous update.

Sponsored

Deleted member 35786

I had the same issue. I downloaded the update (version 3.0) and inserted the USB with car running. Says "installing updates" for only a min or so then goes away. Finally took it to the dealer and they had to upload it line by line since it was corrupted, took nearly 6hrs. They stated that for some reason when folks download the update and try it at home its corrupting the system and will not update.
If its on warranty take it in and have Ford do it.

Fleco17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josr
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt
I had the same issue. I downloaded the update (version 3.0) and inserted the USB with car running. Says "installing updates" for only a min or so then goes away. Finally took it to the dealer and they had to upload it line by line since it was corrupted, took nearly 6hrs. They stated that for some reason when folks download the update and try it at home its corrupting the system and will not update.
If its on warranty take it in and have Ford do it.
Did they want to charge You? When I called my dealership, they where quoting me their hourly rate.

Deleted member 35786

Did they want to charge You? When I called my dealership, they where quoting me their hourly rate.
Nope, free of charge since I still have bumper to bumper warranty.
Speak to another service adviser or another dealer. Tell them you attempted to update to no avail and need help. Make up a sad story if need be. Should be free of charge.
Sponsored