Sponsored

Sync issues

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
For some reason, Pandora has stopped streaming title information to my Sync. The original problem is that it would play via Bluetooth but I could not use my steering wheel controls to skip nor would it show current song information (was stuck on one song and would never change). For the first couple of days using it, it worked perfect. The trigger seemed to be when I was streaming music and received a call and I accepted it via Bluetooth.

I deleted the Bluetooth connection information and reconnected... nada. Rebooted my phone... bupkis. I master reset my Sync... I can now use my steering wheel to change songs but still no song information.

Seems others have this but I haven't seen a solution yet. Any Ford techs on here that may lend some inspiration?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Performance nut

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Performance nut,

Have you verified that you have the latest SYNC and Pandora software installed?

Cara
Pandora yes, SYNC no. I'm not sure how to check for the latest SYNC. It is a base 2016 Mustang GT, barely 2000 miles on it. Has there been a SYNC update recently?

Edit: Just checked, my car is up to date.

Your SYNC is up-to-date!
Now, you're running the fastest, simplest and best version of SYNC

Last edited:

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Ah okay! I figured you were up to date, but wanted to double check. Since the software is up to date and the master reset didn't resolve the issue, you'll need to take the vehicle to the dealer for a more hands on approach.

Cara

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
how do we check the Sync version and is it user upgradable? mine sucks, drops sat and Bluetooth every drive.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Performance nut

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
how do we check the Sync version and is it user upgradable? mine sucks, drops sat and Bluetooth every drive.
I registered my vehicle via Ford website. On there it has when it was last documented that an update was performed. It also has the procedure to do an update. It involves using a computer to download the update, a USB drive to transfer the file from your computer to your car, and time (while your car is running) to transfer the file and update your car. From reading it, best to save this for a drive to or from work.

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

5PTOHYEAH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible Premium Shadow Black
Had a similar issue but with my phone when I got a software upgrade. Sync would not keep the phone paring once the car was turned off. I speculated it was a Bluetooth issue from the upgrade versus a Sync issue.

Not sure what type of phone you have. Mine is an Android Note 4. I did this: Go to Settings, Application Manager, go to Show system apps from the menu, go to Bluetooth share, Force stop. Then within the Bluetooth share menu, go to storage, clear cache, then clear data. Power down your phone and restart. Doing this kept my phone paring and no other Bluetooth connecting issues yet.

If something like that does not work, pull your radio fuse for about 20 minutes or disconnect the hot terminal from your battery for about twenty minutes. Try re-paring everything. You will likely have reset your radio stations.

Else, not a clue.

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Had a similar issue but with my phone when I got a software upgrade. Sync would not keep the phone paring once the car was turned off. I speculated it was a Bluetooth issue from the upgrade versus a Sync issue.

Not sure what type of phone you have. Mine is an Android Note 4. I did this: Go to Settings, Application Manager, go to Show system apps from the menu, go to Bluetooth share, Force stop. Then within the Bluetooth share menu, go to storage, clear cache, then clear data. Power down your phone and restart. Doing this kept my phone paring and no other Bluetooth connecting issues yet.

If something like that does not work, pull your radio fuse for about 20 minutes or disconnect the hot terminal from your battery for about twenty minutes. Try re-paring everything. You will likely have reset your radio stations.

Else, not a clue.
I've had issues with Android phones and pairing in Sync 1 and MFT in the past. Both when the phone upgrades or when Sync does. It happened with almost every Android phone. I think it's how Android handles their Bluetooth stack. My iPhones have never had that issue.

OP
OP
Performance nut

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
It is fixed. The solution was actually on the phone side. I got an error yesterday on my phone after it froze. It asked to do an error check and fixed whatever caused the system to freeze. I sync'ed my Bluetooth and voila, name of songs is back on my Sync.

This doesn't seem to be a Sync issue, it is either your phone's OS or the Pandora app.

Sponsored

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
It is fixed. The solution was actually on the phone side. I got an error yesterday on my phone after it froze. It asked to do an error check and fixed whatever caused the system to freeze. I sync'ed my Bluetooth and voila, name of songs is back on my Sync.

This doesn't seem to be a Sync issue, it is either your phone's OS or the Pandora app.
Thanks for sharing Performance nut!

Cara

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
Sync is always dropping Sat Radio and my iPhone (Bluetooth) when streaming music. Sucks because I dont drive the car much so when I do I want it to work. The Ford App states I am up to date, but listed a 2015 version date. Can Sync update via wifi?

OP
OP
Performance nut

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Sync is always dropping Sat Radio and my iPhone (Bluetooth) when streaming music. Sucks because I dont drive the car much so when I do I want it to work. The Ford App states I am up to date, but listed a 2015 version date. Can Sync update via wifi?
The site says via USB. Be kind of cool if it did though, either connect to a nearby Wi-Fi hotspot or tether your cellphone.

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
Seems like it should since you can connect the system to wifi. What's the point of it doing that, which I have done... Yes, I have not fully read the manual yet. :)

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Seems like it should since you can connect the system to wifi. What's the point of it doing that, which I have done... Yes, I have not fully read the manual yet. :)
aham23,

OTA updates are only available with the SYNC 3 system. All other updates must be installed with a USB or by the dealer. If you'd like me to check out the software info for your vehicle, feel free to send the VIN in a PM.

Cara
Sponsored