Sponsored

Sync 3 / Re-Boot or ?

wag4513

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertable
Tork, of course the radio may have worked fine until it didn't. If high end electronics, computers, TVs, etc, work for the first day they are good for years.

So far the Mustang is great, thanks.
Sponsored

OP
OP

TorkN8R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Ingot Silver Auto W/3.55's
UPDATE! Round one at the dealer...dealer calls me and says car fixed. Sync needed to be re-loaded. All is ok now. I went to pick it up....not fixed! Exact same issue. No AM stations, only 3 FM stations.

I left the car again. The dealer said he would re-open the ticket. I told him to open a new ticket because they had told me it was fixed, that they had checked it out and they hadn't. I told the dealer to open a new ticket because after 3 of those I was going to have to start lemon law proceedures.

Two hours later the dealer calls me again and says...cars ready all fixed for sure this time. They traced the problem to the radio antenna never being connected from the factory. Nice work Ford!

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
They traced the problem to the radio antenna never being connected from the factory. Nice work Ford!
Makes perfect sense. AM doesn't come in at all without an antenna, while FM works fairly well. But all in all probably best to have the antenna hooked up. Somebody on the assembly line was taking a potty break when your car rolled by.

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 auto Foundry pkg.
It happens, but it's great when they actually find the problem and fixed it. I'm sure the tech who found it felt good too. As he/she should...

Brendan688

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Were they able to reconnect the antenna without any damage to the dash? I assume that the connection is behind the radio, but that's a guess. Between this issue, the glass issue I read in another thread, the body panel...it's going to take me longer to check it over than it did for them to ship it!

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
checklist

Were they able to reconnect the antenna without any damage to the dash? I assume that the connection is behind the radio, but that's a guess. Between this issue, the glass issue I read in another thread, the body panel...it's going to take me longer to check it over than it did for them to ship it!
Get a checklist before you pick up your new Mustang!

I had enough trouble with FORD and the poor 2015 quality for more than 10 life's! :doh: 1st the "crooked and twisted" 2015 Mustang and after pushed from the dealer to get another FORD (wouldn't give me back my down payment if I had walked away) - I got a 2015 F150. After 3 month the dash started warping. Got my dash already replaced. I can tell you that isn't fun anymore. :faint:
Sponsored