Sponsored

Sync 3 Nav not working

donmcgowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, D1 Procharger Stage 2
Hi,
I upgraded from MFT to a GT350 Sync 3, not that it matters except the snake is on the boot screen. Anyway, I have everything working except the Nav. When I switch to Nav, it shows my location in Lyons, GA which is maybe the last location when ti worked. So not only does it show me in Lyons, GA when I'm in Illinois the location does not change when I drive. When typing in addresses near me it doesn't find anything, but it does show some local restaurants and gas station directions local to Lyons, GA. I can see the route come up with directions, but my location on the screen doesn't move.

I started with a $10 GPS antenna and read up on it and there were issues so I spent the $50 and got the 4D Tech one.

I'm not sure if plugging the antenna in is all that is needed or do I need to do something more? The Nav works fine with Android Auto, but I don't always want to plug my phone in.
Sponsored

OP
OP

donmcgowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, D1 Procharger Stage 2
So from Sync 2 to Sync 3?
Lots of info about doing that here... http://www.2gfusions.net/showthread.php?tid=3881

I seem to remember you need to look into the old antenna and new one... but I for got it it's keep the old, or remove the old. 8)

Thanks for the link. Very thorough. He mentions needing to update As Built data or it will throw codes, but I didn't do that and dont have codes. Just the Nav doesn't work, like I dont have a GPS antenna.

What is also weird is that my Nav was stuck in Lyons, GA. I did an update to version 3 and now the location changed to somewhere else, but still doesnt work.

I have the red X over GPS on the Nav screen. Oh well, I'll keep playing with it

Multitask

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2020 MKZ Hybrid
The red X means it does not see any GPS signal... so I'd guess you don't have the right antenna, or it's just not plugged in... Dan mentions the one to get, see if that is like the one you got.