Sponsored

Sync 3 - at my wits end

donmcgowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, D1 Procharger Stage 2
So I upgraded from Sync 2 to Sync 3. Everything works except, wait for it, Navigation and stereo antenna. The only Nav I get is using Android Auto and only good sound is playing with phone Bluetooth. The Nav is stuck in Atlanta Georgia and Im in Illinois. This is a full Nav unit so that's not the problem.

I have tried 3 different GPS antennas and nothing works. Is this a defective Sync 3 unit?

The Sync unit top right shows GPS crossed out. I have errors in the test that NAV/GPS is not functioning.

What else could it be besides defective Sync unit? And is the GPS antenna tied to the radio antenna because neither antennas work so I think they are one and the same.
Sponsored

josephstef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
So I upgraded from Sync 2 to Sync 3. Everything works except, wait for it, Navigation and stereo antenna. The only Nav I get is using Android Auto and only good sound is playing with phone Bluetooth. The Nav is stuck in Atlanta Georgia and Im in Illinois. This is a full Nav unit so that's not the problem.

I have tried 3 different GPS antennas and nothing works. Is this a defective Sync 3 unit?

The Sync unit top right shows GPS crossed out. I have errors in the test that NAV/GPS is not functioning.

What else could it be besides defective Sync unit? And is the GPS antenna tied to the radio antenna because neither antennas work so I think they are one and the same.
I had this same issue, ended up buying about 5 different antennas... only one of them worked. Also had to unplug the factory antenna next to the centre speaker in the dash for sync 2. My digital radio doesn't work still but FM/AM does and Nav does that was enough for me.

CrashOverride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
This might sound incredibly stupid, but check to see what transmission ForScan thinks your car has. I only used the GPS for the compass, but it was backwards, no matter what antennae I used. Found a post buried in here to check for the trans setting, and sure enough I have a manual car and the FCIM came from an automatic. Switched it to Manual and the compass was working correctly.
Sponsored