Infamous

President of Honda
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/ PP
Just purchased a set, i'm not worried about the galloping signal. Its just a matter of getting used to it.

RoninRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Prem. (PP) Magnetic
I'm taking my car into a local car audio shop, I told them what it was, that I had all the parts (two resistors) and just needed them to do some splicing for me. They agreed and my appointment is tomorrow, I'll post pictures of their work when I'm done and the price I payed for it.

jbeaver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I just installed my Diode Dynamics Switchback LEDs and I like them a lot! I haven't had a chance to drive her yet but I don't expect the double blink to be a problem. My install took longer than I expected (what else is new) so after I beat my head against the wall, yelled a few expletives and then calmed down I was able to get the bulbs to seat. Let me apologize for not getting pictures of the installation but I was a little frustrated and just wanted to get the job done.

I haven't heard of anyone having problems so maybe mine was a unique situation but I had a very hard time getting the smaller bulbs to slide into the connector. The large LEDs went right into the connector and really took no time at all to install. The LED bulb seemed to be a little thicker and the ends were a straight 90* where the incandescent bulb seemed to be thinner and more tapered at the ends.

When I took a closer look at the connector itself, it had two upper "plates", two lower "plates" and a single "plate" one each side vertical to the other "plates" (sorry, no picture). These vertical "plates" are what gave me the most grief so I took a sharp knife and trimmed about 1/16 of an inch off each LED bulbs 90* end. I then covered each end in dielectric grease and it slid right into the connector!

The bulbs themselves emit a nice white light and seem to be of very good quality so I'm sure my issues were the result of my inexperience. I'd definitely buy this vendors products again and as a matter of fact I'll be ordering the interior lighting kit and the backup light bulb from Diode Dynamics. If anyone has any questions please don't hesitate to PM me.

20160415_192858.jpg
20160415_192742.jpg
Trimming the LED.jpg

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Thank you for the feedback

I wouldn't recommend trimming the 194 bulbs for the corner lights though. They were designed to be a tight fit just like the incandescent equivalent. This is to keep them securely fastened in the socket.

It might require a bit of force to fit them in, but it's meant to be a tight fit by design.

Nick C.

Sponsored

flying dutchman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.microseconds.com
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow GT / 1966 GT Convertable

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
Thank you for the feedback

I wouldn't recommend trimming the 194 bulbs for the corner lights though. They were designed to be a tight fit just like the incandescent equivalent. This is to keep them securely fastened in the socket.

It might require a bit of force to fit them in, but it's meant to be a tight fit by design.

Nick C.
I have one 194 corner bulb that fits loose and one that fits ok. I've tried everything to make sure its pushed in all the way. Yesterday while adding my new splitter I removed the bulb and "opened" the connector wire a little to make it fit tighter. If that doesn't work I may have to just replace it.

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
I have one 194 corner bulb that fits loose and one that fits ok. I've tried everything to make sure its pushed in all the way. Yesterday while adding my new splitter I removed the bulb and "opened" the connector wire a little to make it fit tighter. If that doesn't work I may have to just replace it.
If it's from us, please contact our team for more troubleshooting tips: [email protected]

If you can't get it to seat properly, we will send you a replacement

Nick C.

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto

Sponsored

Jeffola

Automotive Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
So, I love my switchbacks, and all the other Diode Dynamics stuff (4th brake light, led side markers). I would like a plug and play resistor set up that they discussed when I got the switchbacks. Hey DD any luck for me?

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
So, I love my switchbacks, and all the other Diode Dynamics stuff (4th brake light, led side markers). I would like a plug and play resistor set up that they discussed when I got the switchbacks. Hey DD any luck for me?
After thousands of dollars lost in development, we are no longer actively pursuing the development of the plug and play resistor harness. I apologize for the disappointment- certainly a lot of frustration here on our end.

Nick C.

jbeaver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I really like that the vendors are active on this site! I also appreciate the constructive criticism/advice they offer. God knows we "Shade Tree Mechanics" do some stupid stuff.

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
After thousands of dollars lost in development, we are no longer actively pursuing the development of the plug and play resistor harness. I apologize for the disappointment- certainly a lot of frustration here on our end.

Nick C.
That's too bad. When I bought the switchbacks a year ago, you said you were close to having these. When I called yesterday morning I was told you're still working on it. I really hate the galloping noise and not a huge fan of splicing in resistors. My concern is if there's enough current to make that resistor so hot you shouldn't put it near any wires, plastic or rubber (best on metal), the splice may compromise the wire.
Sponsored