Sponsored

SVT - Team mustang relationship

xlover

King of Laserball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW M
Can any insiders or anyone with knowledge comment on the relationship between the SVT cars and Team mustang. I am curious about a few things.

Do they report dotted line to pericak when doing a mustang project?

How aligned are the two teams, are design decisions and specific component testing shared with team mustang? approved by team mustang? or is there someone higher up the ladder that connects the two teams. I think its pretty obvious that SVT couldnt operate in a vacuum.
Sponsored

PeteO

Threads
Reaction score
I do not know the answer to your question but would like to add relatedly, it is interesting that the so-called Boss 302 replacement (GT350) is to be an SVT program and not Team Mustang. If rumors pan out and we see the next generation GT500 in a few years, I presume that would mean two concurrent SVT Mustangs in a very short period of time.

Just an observation. Back to the OP's question - I too would be interested in the answer.

mitchell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
There is a good amount of overlap in terms of personnel and some of the on the ground engineers that started with the S550 program have been shifted over to the SVT program. I know that engineering resources being spread too thin was a reason SVT got delayed at one point due to all the refreshes and redesigns.

Threads
Reaction score
I believe some time ago, Ford " rolled " the SVT program into Ford's Total Performance division/department. Years ago I actually visited the SVT " skunkworks"
facility in Mich. and spent an afternoon with a manager on a private tour, saw them
building proto type " Adrenlin " Explorer Sport Tracs with 4.6 Terminator engines AWD, sorry to see they never saw the light of day....
Sponsored