SVT GT350 Mustang reveal 11-17-14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 LE WW #666
Any one else think the are going after the 2015 Z28?
Lets just hope to doesn't come with the $78,000 price tag as well

SVTClark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Cobra
Why haven't we heard from Jamal in these videos yet? I take it he's still at SVT?

jamal-hameedi-svt.jpg
All of the videos have been talking about Ford Racing and haven't mentioned SVT (to my knowledge). This makes me think this car will be a Team Mustang project like the Boss 302 and SVT is working on something else. I guess we will find out next week. :ford:

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
All of the videos have been talking about Ford Racing and haven't mentioned SVT (to my knowledge). This makes me think this car will be a Team Mustang project like the Boss 302 and SVT is working on something else. I guess we will find out next week. :ford:

Good point...........and GT350 is a track-biased car just as the Boss 302 was.....and that was a Team Mustang car.

Perhaps Jamal is busy strapping a supercharger or a couple of turbos to whatever is powering GT350, in readiness of the GT500's return for it's 50th anniversary in 2017 ;)

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Regarding price, I think many of us will find this vehicle ineligible for special pricing. As stated by multiple dealers during my X-plan pricing questions, they will accept X-plan on most models, but not special models, like Shelby, etc. I would think this would apply in this case. Looks like some of us will be paying MSRP or close to it until they've sat on the lots long enough for the dealer to come down on price.

cp5899

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2015 ingot silver gt pp
It better not go to high or that opens the doors for other competition. For example. Someone said 78,000. If it gets even close to that I'm going z06. 650hp 650tq, great handling and power to weight. It needs to be mid 50's in my opinion. Maybe touch 60k with lots of options. Pricing can't be inline with m cars either (IMO).

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
Looking at the shot from under the car, the exhaust does not look like it has twin turbos. Maybe a supercharger.......?

Sponsored

Backorder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan...:-(
Regarding price, I think many of us will find this vehicle ineligible for special pricing. As stated by multiple dealers during my X-plan pricing questions, they will accept X-plan on most models, but not special models, like Shelby, etc. I would think this would apply in this case. Looks like some of us will be paying MSRP or close to it until they've sat on the lots long enough for the dealer to come down on price.

I gave up on that realization a long time ago. Personally, I'm going to go into a dealer and say "this was just released today, I will pay you MSRP as soon as it's available, here is a grand to hold my place" or something like that...and pray that works for me lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nametoshowothers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
description of cars
Price needs be mindful of competition, but I rather have it on the higher end of cost and deliver competitive performance to similar priced cars, then say the car is close in performance but cheaper.

Backorder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan...:-(
Price needs be mindful of competition, but I rather have it on the higher end of cost and deliver competitive performance to similar priced cars, then say the car is close in performance but cheaper.

This is the exact reason I think Ford needs to have two designations much like the boss 302 and LS. Have a car available in price to most and then have a model that has more weight loss and ridiculous CC brakes, CF wheels and what not to bring it to competition against the Z28. I would have no problem with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.