Sponsored

SVE GT350 Wheels & Nitto 555 G2s - Review & Impressions

tyshenry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT w/ PP
I would like to compare notes on the Nitto 555 G2's. I put mine on three weeks ago and right away the car feels like it has Drag radials on all four corners.

When accelerating/de-accelerating the car has a wiggle to it. I’ve put 1000 miles on them and I think I’m getting use to it but last Sunday when shifting from 5th to 6th at 130MPH (I live in Germany and drive on the Autobahn) the car shifted lanes on me, lucky there was no other cars around.

Of course they are not all bad and I do feel the improvement in traction over the P-Zero’s but that came at a price of lost confidence.

A friend of mine told me the tread lugs are pretty high on this tire (50% higher than the old R’s) and the handling will improve the more they wear. I just hope he’s right…
I'm with ya. I have 275/40/19 G2's all around on 19x10's for my daily tire/wheel setup and I really regret the choice. The combination of soft sidewalls and a lot of tread squirm makes for a really unstable car. I have REALLY stiff suspension which exacerbates the problem. High speed cornering and bumps = really scary and unsettling. Transitions are equally pathetic.
Sponsored

Zenkem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PPP GT Mustang
I'm with ya. I have 275/40/19 G2's all around on 19x10's for my daily tire/wheel setup and I really regret the choice. The combination of soft sidewalls and a lot of tread squirm makes for a really unstable car. I have REALLY stiff suspension which exacerbates the problem. High speed cornering and bumps = really scary and unsettling. Transitions are equally pathetic.
Running the stock sizes with 19" PP wheels.

Happy to know I'm not the only one!!! I haven't found anyone in my area who is running these so I was thinking I just got some bad tires...
Sponsored