Sponsored

SVE GT350 Wheels & Nitto 555 G2s - Review & Impressions

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
I put on the new wheels and tires a little over a week ago, and I have some impressions from them.

Going from the stock 18" x 8" wheels, and the Pirelli P-Zero Neros, these were a tremendous improvement. The SVE GT350 wheels are a flow forged wheel, and are pretty light. Didn't notice much difference in weight compared to stock wheels and tires. If anything, I think the new ones were a hair lighter, but it was hard to tell without a scale to weigh them. Very close, either way.

The wheels look nice. I think the 20" inch version of this style looks a bit better than the 19" OEM GT350 wheels. I'll take some better pics later, but you can see below. They make the car look just plain mean.

The Nitto 555 G2s are a great tire. I have a lot less tire spin from launch now, and even from a roll, there is less screeching. With the Pirelli P-Zero Neros, I would get a fair amount of spin even at 60+ mph, going from second to third at WOT. Now, I get just a quick chirp from 1st to 2nd, and 2nd to 3rd.

With the Pirellis, I couldn't even launch from 2500 RPM. There would be a solid second or so of tire spin city before the car moved. Now I can dump from 3500+ using the launch control, and only get a little bit of tire spin. This shaved an entire half of a second off my 1/8 mile time.

Handling is great with these tires. In some cases, the handling is almost TOO good. It takes a little getting used to, because every twitch of the steering wheel will go places. It's very sensitive. That being said, I can corner much better with these tires, and take them at a much higher rate of speed.

In the rain, the tires are a little better than the Pirellis, in that I always felt the Pirellis break loose at even the tiniest twitch of the throttle. I always felt like I was going to die in the rain with those things. The Nittos are better, but not MUCH better. You do have to be careful with them in the rain, still. But at least I don't feel the reaper watching every time I need to go someplace and it's wet outside.

Since I live in central Florida, I'll probably keep the Nittos on all year. It rarely drops below 50F for more than a couple days out of the year. So it's a good place to roll with a summer tire year long.

All in all a good set of tires and wheels. And the kit from LMR was a real good bargain (remember the discount code here!).

Hint: Remember these tires are directional. Almost forgot when I was putting them on!
Mustang1.jpg
Mustang2.jpg
Mustang3.jpg
Sponsored

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Good info...Thank you

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
What tire sizes are you running?

OP
OP
15wile

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT

Sponsored

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
they look great on DIB, lol thanks man, now you have me tossing over putting my Rovos up for sale and buying a set of these

uglygun

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 289 2v, 95 Cobra, 05 GT, 15 GT Perf Pack
If they are LMR wheels are you sure they are rotary forged?

Doesnt seem like the LMR and AmericanMuscle wheels are coming in at weights comparable to MMR.

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
You cannot compare 20" and 19" rotory forged wheels.

If a company states Rotory forged then its rotory forged. There are regulations towards statements in the industry that we all have to abide by such as construction detail statements and such.

Sponsored
OP
OP
15wile

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
OP
OP
15wile