Suspension for 2015 Ecoboost: 50th Anniv. Appear. Pkg

ajfrench2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Convertible
Does the 2015 Ecoboost with 50th Anniversary Appearance Pkg. have enhanced suspension or just regular suspension. Maybe the rough ride is coming from the 19in low profile tires. The wheels were special for the 50th anniversary appearance package! I was thinking about changing out these 19 inch wheels for 18 inch.
Sponsored

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I have the same car and I believe the wheels are the same as the GT. I don't think the ride is rough but if you do I would change the dampers as the stock dampers have a bouncy spring rate. I will be doing a complete suspension upgrade in early spring. I'll be going with the Eibach Sportline springs mated with Koni shocks and upgrade the swaybars to Eibach as well front and rear. After that's all done I'll start working on chassis Mods.
bjMwjABCOQfPhRf8HEaQJ_eaICgKM7u7eDBVyZnc6WXIVIMAJQpbmawbH6H96C3y2PpACn6mQj7dHMANc=w1597-h1064-no.jpg

OP
OP

ajfrench2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Convertible
Thanks, Vicr, I'll have to take a look at your setup. When you say bouncy spring rate exactly what is that? My car just seems to feel the bumps in the road as quite hard. As though there's not enough rubber on the sidewalls to absorb these bumps. I wonder if switching to 18 inch wheels and tires would help out. BTW have you had any trouble with the notorious AC evaporator core problem on the 2015-2016 'Stangs?

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
When I say bouncy it tend to dip into depressions in the road a little too much. This may sound crazy but I had the same issue with my Ford F-53 chassied motorhome and changing out those Bilstien shocks for Koni's made all the difference in the world. I haven't had any issues at all with the car. I bought it last December and it only had 13K miles on it and I still don't have 15K on it. It's a garage queen for now (I have a company truck) but once I retire in AZ it will be my daily driver. If I do have any issues I did purchase the Ford extended warranty. After 30 years of driving pick ups it's nice to get into a car again!

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Does the 2015 Ecoboost with 50th Anniversary Appearance Pkg. have enhanced suspension or just regular suspension. Maybe the rough ride is coming from the 19in low profile tires. The wheels were special for the 50th anniversary appearance package! I was thinking about changing out these 19 inch wheels for 18 inch.
What tires are you running and at what psi? How many miles on the car and dampers?

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I was thinking about changing out these 19 inch wheels for 18 inch.
If you do go this way, make sure that whatever 18" wheel will fit over the brakes. The insides of the 'barrels' has to be of big enough diameter, and if they're Brembo calipers, the back side contour of the spokes will need to be able to accommodate the caliper thickness.

Norm

OP
OP

ajfrench2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Convertible
What tires are you running and at what psi? How many miles on the car and dampers?
I'm running Pirelli P Zero's 255/40/19; PSI at 35. Car has just over 30K and original dampers as far as I can tell. I just bought the car a month ago with 29K miles.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I'm running Pirelli P Zero's 255/40/19; PSI at 35. Car has just over 30K and original dampers as far as I can tell. I just bought the car a month ago with 29K miles.
Try running lower tire pressures. Try 30 or 32 cold and see how you like it.

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Like @Bluemustang said, try 30 to 32 psi cold and see what you think. Best free mod out there.

As far as tires, the Pirellis aren’t bad for ride quality. At 30k though your tires must be very close to shot unless they’ve been replaced, so a change to something softer would certainly help. A switch to 18s could help with the right tire, but I don’t think you need to invest in another set of wheels to get what you want. Which brings me to....

Dampers. If your model has the PP shocks then I would for sure have them checked for leaks. Mine started leaking at 8k or so miles. A new OEM set, or for sure an aftermarket set, would help smooth out your ride.
Sponsored