Sponsored

Surfers, where do you put your key fob when you hit the waves?

Silver5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Black A300 PP
So I body-board on the weekends with a wetsuit on, but since our '15's are key-less, how do you lock up your car and hit the surf? I'm assuming you are alone and not leaving the keys on the beach with someone.
Wetsuits have a pouch for your car key but I don't know how comfortable I'd be with a key fob lump on my back. I mean, I'd do it if there was a small waterproof pouch to stuff the fob in maybe. I guess I could take the door key out of the fob and then maybe pull the battery out of the fob and lock it in the car, but man that would be a pain. Anybody have any ideas?
Sponsored

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have one of those Tommy Bahama beach chairs that have pouches in em. Just drop em in there and go surfing!
no one really messes with stuff on the beach. I usually talk to my "neighbor" when I get there and tell em if they see someone looking at my stuff that is not me, kick sand at em and I will do the same!

**on another note, I have only done this once as I was freaking out as I strapped my surfboard to the roof. I use my wifes suv now.

OP
OP
Silver5.0

Silver5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Black A300 PP
I have one of those Tommy Bahama beach chairs that have pouches in em. Just drop em in there and go surfing!
no one really messes with stuff on the beach. I usually talk to my "neighbor" when I get there and tell em if they see someone looking at my stuff that is not me, kick sand at em and I will do the same!

**on another note, I have only done this once as I was freaking out as I strapped my surfboard to the roof. I use my wifes suv now.
That's a good idea! I'm a minimalist when it comes to surfing though. I change at my car and take only my board and fins.

Driversound

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP
I haven't had to use the Mustang yet going surfing but I typically have just a spare key as my wetsuit has a small built in pouch. Would be a lot harder to do with the mustang since you would have to pop the little key cap to use the key manually. Good thing I have an SUV as well but the beach chair is a good idea.
Sponsored