Supercharger from Ford garage?

DrewT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium
Does Ford sell a supercharger for the 2020 Mustang GT and will they install it? If so, does anybody have experience with this option? Thanks.

drew
Sponsored

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Roush/Ford performance lots of information on them on here.

rjoseph1960

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Convertible GT
Does Ford sell a supercharger for the 2020 Mustang GT and will they install it? If so, does anybody have experience with this option? Thanks.

drew
I installed the Ford Proformance Super Charger on my 2021 Mustang GT Convertable... I works very well! I don't race it, and Its a lot a fun to Drive... Instant Power!!
I have a Manual Transmission, and I hit the Red Line faster then I can Shift. Ford/Roush will warrant for 3/36, and that a Good Pease of Mind when you spend 70,000.00.

Good Luck,
Bob

OP
OP
DrewT

DrewT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium
I installed the Ford Proformance Super Charger on my 2021 Mustang GT Convertable... I works very well! I don't race it, and Its a lot a fun to Drive... Instant Power!!
I have a Manual Transmission, and I hit the Red Line faster then I can Shift. Ford/Roush will warrant for 3/36, and that a Good Pease of Mind when you spend 70,000.00.

Good Luck,
Bob
That sounds great. To be clear, you installed the supercharger or you had a qualified mechanic install it? This is my main point of curiosity. I was aware of the Ford Performance product but I don't really have the time, location, or patience to install it myself. Assuming that just about any Ford service department will take on the installation, about how many hours will they bill for the job? Thanks.

Sponsored

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
That sounds great. To be clear, you installed the supercharger or you had a qualified mechanic install it? This is my main point of curiosity. I was aware of the Ford Performance product but I don't really have the time, location, or patience to install it myself. Assuming that just about any Ford service department will take on the installation, about how many hours will they bill for the job? Thanks.
If you want the warranty, you can't install it. Find a Roush and/or Ford Performance dealership near you. Not all dealerships can do it. Figure you'll be in the $10k range installed.

rjoseph1960

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Drew,
I am ASE Master Automotive Tech. with 30+years Exp... Ford Performance will warranty the Super Charger if Qualified ASE Tech or Ford Tech. does the install.
It took me 24 Hrs.to install, I took my time, and was very detailed install.

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Just read that warranty carefully. It's 3yr/36k miles from in service date, aka the date the car was first bought/registered. If your car is a 2020, you won't have much warranty left.

Racinjason65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1M-82

drew
Whipple and Edelbrock both also offer warranties very similar to Roush, and both Whipple and Edelbrock are far superior superchargers compared to the Roush.

OP
OP
DrewT

DrewT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium
Another path to supercharged power is to trade in my GT on a GT500 and get more power, better brakes, better handling, etc. Thoughts?

Sponsored

rjoseph1960

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Another path to supercharged power is to trade in my GT on a GT500 and get more power, better brakes, better handling, etc. Thoughts?
Drew,
Just a thougth...

The GT500; Auto Trans only, No Convertible, and Limited Colors... Plus 120,000.00...

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
If you can afford a GT500, do it.. what are you waiting for...

OP
OP
DrewT

DrewT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium
FYI - I ordered the Ford Performance/Roush kit today. I talked to the local Ford service manager and he said that they’ve installed a few Ford Performance superchargers in Mustangs and F150s. He’s pretty excited to do another. I need winter to go away here before I can get it installed though. ☹

rjoseph1960

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Your going to Love It!

Remember;
5w50 SN+ Motor Oil
91 or 93 Octane Fuel
Drive it EZ for the frist 500miles
Install a Boost/Vac Gauge (see Ford Proformance)

OP
OP
DrewT

DrewT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium
Your going to Love It!

Remember;
5w50 SN+ Motor Oil
91 or 93 Octane Fuel
Drive it EZ for the frist 500miles
Install a Boost/Vac Gauge (see Ford Proformance)
I'm not sure that I'm seeing the boost/vac gauge on performanceparts.ford.com? Do you have a link? Thanks.
Sponsored