Sponsored

Supercharger for auto

AmiNo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Auto
Couple questions for the supercharged auto folks. What type of blower is best for our cars? This is just my thinking but it seems like to benefit from a centri I would need to paddle it to higher Rpms? What about Roush or Whipple?

I plan on having a DD setup and would never take it to the track.
Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Couple questions for the supercharged auto folks. What type of blower is best for our cars? This is just my thinking but it seems like to benefit from a centri I would need to paddle it to higher Rpms? What about Roush or Whipple?

I plan on having a DD setup and would never take it to the track.
So many choices but i recommend a Whipple. I currently have a manual Whipple and kinda wish I had an auto.

My next mustang will be an auto Whipple

OP
OP

AmiNo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Auto
I have been looking at Whipple but I wanted to make sure I get the right type of superchsrger for an auto. Do most of the auto guys paddle their cars?

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have been looking at Whipple but I wanted to make sure I get the right type of superchsrger for an auto. Do most of the auto guys paddle their cars?
Well they can if they want to but by no means is it necessary.

I have a Whipple on my 2015 F150 and it is a joy to drive being an auto. It's because of this that makes me second guess not getting an auto in the mustang. It's not like the old days when getting auto was commuting enjoyment suicide because they were slush boxes. The autos today are far superior and are faster than the manual. Also, no driveline bs to deal with having an auto.

Hoping by the time I get a new mustang I will be able to get PP with auto because I like the gauges, brakes, cooling and Torsen and wouldn't give these up to get an auto.

Burnin4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Numerous great choices, depends on your budget. Can't go wrong with a Whipple, a VMP TVS kit, or any of the blower kits from Beefcake. The tune is the single most important part of your decision/purchase. All kits are going to make 600+ on pump gas, just do it.

Sponsored

nicktechla

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nicktwaddell.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro ZL1 Red Hot
So many choices but i recommend a Whipple. I currently have a manual Whipple and kinda wish I had an auto.

My next mustang will be an auto Whipple
me too :thumbsup:

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
Can someone advise to why whipple is recommended over ford racing/roush?

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
Can someone advise to why whipple is recommended over ford racing/roush?
All the cutting involved and grinding to install it.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Whipple for sure.
Easiest to install and best customer service. Their software is better than others making 700hp+ very road tire friendly.

Furore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 6A
I have the Whipple and an auto, and I love it. The shifting is super awesome. 721hp on pump gas!

Sponsored

CC Quik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
I Have A Kenne Bell 2.8 LC And Glad I Choose An Auto. I Agree, the Shifting Is Pretty Quick. 715HP On Pump Gas.

Geotoxic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Why is Whipple (TVS) recommended over Vortech (Centrifugal) Superchargers? I really like the OEM look of the Vortech and how they are CARB legal.

Also, do Whipples have the nice supercharger whine?

BlackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 triple black GT convertible
I guess I will be the first to chime in on the Centris, I have the Paxton with an auto and love it. Where you will notice the biggest difference between the P/D and Centris is low end and part throttle driving, the P/Ds are stronger. On my car and I'm rolling, say doing a 20,40, or 60 roll and punch it, the tranny drops down and the car pulls like a freight train immediately. I chose the Paxton because my wife drives the car (occasionally) and I wanted there to be a little more forgiveness during slow speed driving. She has a tendency to get frustrated with other drivers, all the while I am sitting in the passenger seat cringing at her driving.

Like others have said, you will be at 600+ rwhp with any kit on pump gas. I guess it really boils down to how you want the power to be delivered. I still manage decent fuel mileage also.

oh, and I very seldom use the paddles.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Why is Whipple (TVS) recommended over Vortech (Centrifugal) Superchargers? I really like the OEM look of the Vortech and how they are CARB legal.

Whipple is "twin screw" PD blower and is instant boost compared to Vortec

Whipple in my opinion is the most OEM looking. As a matter of fact the same kit comes from Ford on their Cobra Jet mustang.

Whipple is 50 State legal with carb compliant

desant89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt Premium Auto

My opinion is the opposite. I thing the Centris are the least OEM looking which was part of the reason I ordered a Whipple (it did not even get here yet). Centris seems to be the best bang for the buck though. Less expensive, and easier to install. People will chime in saying what is faster, but if you read, that should not be a factor. Both types have really fast cars and there are numbers to prove it. Everyone loves what they bought. I have an auto, and as of the last tow weeks, made my decision based on what is currently available today for our cars. To me, a twin screw type of SC will also have a better resale value as it looks like it was meant to be there. Again, I am not going to have my car dedicated to the track so all of this matters to me. Good luck with your decision. Although everyone is partial to their build in some way, everyone in here is a wealth of knowledge, and all good people who are willing to help out with whatever you decide.
Sponsored