Supercharged stang brake upgrade opinions

HearThe Whine

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT, 2018 hellcat Challenger
I was wondering if I can get some opinions on brake upgrades. I have a non-PP GT but I’ve done a lot of power upgrades. Next upgrade in line is a stage 2 edelbrock E-Force supercharger. Hoping for over a thousand to the wheels on some good ol corn fuel. Which I just got a tune for and boy does she love it. Anyways, i was looking at the PP brakes but I was thinking it wouldn’t be enough. 1000 horses and the fact that I’m always doing pulls I need a brake system that can constantly handle me being well over 100 a lot. I mean you give me a straight stretch of highway and I’m over 100. To put it short I’m doing a lot of medium to hard braking more then normal. So anyone have any other suggestions other then the PP brakes. Unless those are good enough.
Sponsored

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
I was wondering if I can get some opinions on brake upgrades. I have a non-PP GT but I’ve done a lot of power upgrades. Next upgrade in line is a stage 2 edelbrock E-Force supercharger. Hoping for over a thousand to the wheels on some good ol corn fuel. Which I just got a tune for and boy does she love it. Anyways, i was looking at the PP brakes but I was thinking it wouldn’t be enough. 1000 horses and the fact that I’m always doing pulls I need a brake system that can constantly handle me being well over 100 a lot. I mean you give me a straight stretch of highway and I’m over 100. To put it short I’m doing a lot of medium to hard braking more then normal. So anyone have any other suggestions other then the PP brakes. Unless those are good enough.
Regardless of how much horsepower you have, braking hard and even repeatedly, on the street can’t even start to compare to the level of abuse that brakes need to endure on a track and the PP braking system is more than up to it

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
You can call Vorshlag, AM, CJ or a dozen other vendors and ask them which of the numerous BB kits they sell would be the best fit for your racing needs. On a side note the mention of the supercharger really isn’t necessary. It doesn’t matter how you got to 160 and need to stop, your doing 160 and need to stop.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Even the stock brakes would stop you from 160 once. But if you get to 160 every other minute, with brakes in between, that's a different story. So the supercharger may not be that irrelevant. :)

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
... and the fact that I’m always doing pulls I need a brake system that can constantly handle me being well over 100 a lot. I mean you give me a straight stretch of highway and I’m over 100. To put it short I’m doing a lot of medium to hard braking more then normal.
Need different information, like what speeds are you actually doing your hard braking from, and down to what slower speed? How many times during how short of a time span are you doing that? And how hard are you really braking? Half a g? Noticeable brake dive? Standing the car on its nose? Getting any ABS intervention?

PP brakes are inherently better in that you can get supplemental cooling air to them because the rotor air inlets are on the back side. Non-PP rotors draw air from the wheel side, which is adequate for normal driving and light performance driving but there's a reason Ford doesn't use that rotor design on the more performance-oriented Mustang trims.. Beyond that, I think you should be choosing from pads rated for entry-level track duty by the pad mfr. For sure, a good DOT 4 brake fluid with a high wet boiling point - I'm specifying wet boiling point here because I'm not picturing you doing the kind of periodic bleeding or flushing that would keep the moisture content from getting too high.

Norm
Sponsored