Sponsored

Super charger to do list

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt base manual 3.31
I am looking at getting the warranty friendly ford performance roush super charger. I'm trying to make a list of everything I should get to avoid problems. So far I am thinking of the ford performance half shaft kit, and the 670hp roush charger. Would I need to get new OPG as well or anything else like a driveshaft? I want to maintain the warranty for the first 36000 miles so I don't want to install something that will mess with that. I'm also wondering what kind of times the ford tuning will run in the 1/4 mile I would guess low 11s at 125ish?
Any input would be helpful.
Sponsored

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
1/4 of course depends on more then HP, so time will be hard to guess. i have the phase 1 and nothing else.. its all covered.. if you want to launch the car at the drag strip and not break things you will probably want axles, clutch, bia ply tires, maybe a drive shaft.

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
Not sure you can do OPG and keep warranty, ironically, since that involves opening the motor up. Doesn't a certified shop have to do install of blower to get warranty? You'll definitely want at least the 800hp halfshafts, 1 piece aluminum drive shaft, and an RST clutch when the stock one taps out (wont be long if launching at strip). The strong ceramic RXT has broken many trannies here, I wont be going with it personally. Bias ply tires for strip > drag radials on manual.

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
i know some dealerships are installing OPG and offering warranty but it might not be an official ford warranty. but i dont see why not if installed by a ford tech.

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
That would be nice to have for sure.

Sponsored

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I know it could be a hassle but if its covered under warranty im not concerned about the OPG.. especially with stock tuning and barely getting 7k rpms

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
Yeah I feel a little different with spark cut at 7550 with more than 750whp, haha.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
if they are warrantying, then there really isn't a need for opgs imo

put the money toward the half shafts / etc.

Superman15

Shake n Bake
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP Oxford White
i know some dealerships are installing OPG and offering warranty but it might not be an official ford warranty. but i dont see why not if installed by a ford tech.
The Ford powertrain warranty is obsolete the second that Roush or FRPP super charger drops in. For a warranty, you have to buy the Roush warranty (regardless if the SC is FRPP or Roush) for $995.

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
The Ford powertrain warranty is obsolete the second that Roush or FRPP super charger drops in. For a warranty, you have to buy the Roush warranty (regardless if the SC is FRPP or Roush) for $995.
right which is worth it.. its still done the same, but i guess the money to pay for it comes from a different roush fund.. but i havent heard of anyone having issues with a stock roush setup. (not that i have looked)
Sponsored