Sponsored

Strut Brace

BKStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Mustang, Auto, Magneride, Recaro's
Has anyone tried to fit a Steeda strut tower brace yet?

I noticed on the UK forum they suggest it doesn't fit the RHD cars, but the Ford Racing one does.

Got one sitting in my lounge room with all the other bits and pieces, just wondering if it will become my next wall plant hanger. :shrug:
Sponsored

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
^^^^ I have a query on just this with Steeda at the moment. I've asked David to confirm if the strut brace and hood struts fit the RHD cars.

If it comes back -ve I'll go with the Ford part.

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
OP
OP
BKStang

BKStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
^^^^ I have a query on just this with Steeda at the moment. I've asked David to confirm if the strut brace and hood struts fit the RHD cars.

If it comes back -ve I'll go with the Ford part.
RSPEC, could you please let me know the outcome of your enquiry with Steeda. It will save me asking the same question.

Sponsored

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSPEC, could you please let me know the outcome of your enquiry with Steeda. It will save me asking the same question.

No problem, but it's been a few days now. I'll bump it along with a follow up tonight.

Edit: I just had another look at Gibbo205's thread on mods (UK Section) and his Steeda brace has 4 bolt holes per side. I think I'm not going to risk getting the Steeda brace unless Steeda confirm it should have 3 or 4 bolt holes. I think I might be better off going for the genuine Ford brace which is about the same price from Levitton's.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BKStang

BKStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just doing a bit of searching, the picture in Post 9 definitely shows 4 bolt holes but no K-brace. I've also seen photos of the same brace on 2015's with 3 bolt holes.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27366&highlight=Steeda+Strut+Tower+brace
I don't understand the 4 hole brace, both the CJ site and the Steeda site show 3 holes. When you order they send one with 4 holes, even the instructions relate to the 4 holes, only thing I can think of is they have changed the design of the brace:shrug:
I have sent an email to CJ, I'll see what they come back with:frusty:

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This was posted in the UK Section and also copied to me in response to my query.

A couple of the UK guys have mentioned that if it's a simple fix maybe they can do it themselves.

Hi guys, [MENTION=14447]Centurion07[/MENTION] you do have the most up-to-date strut tower brace - the photos you see on the site were taken when the product was first launched when the strut tower brace initially did not work with the k-brace. The current strut tower brace works with the US S550's without interfering with the k-brace since it utilizes the 4-holes.
[MENTION=14447]Centurion07[/MENTION] would you be able to pm me a few more shots of it installed, maybe an overhead shot (if you already uninstalled, that's fine no worries)?

It looks as though we may need to make a UK-specific strut tower brace utilizing less holes. If that's the case, we're not going to leave you hanging if you already have the current version - we'll make sure the revised version gets to you!

Thanks,
David
Sponsored