Sponsored

Stripe question

Novi331

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP/AP
I have never considered myself a big fan of stripes, but after seeing a few these cars with the stripes from Bigworm I'm starting to convert.

I think I know the answer to my "concern" but I wanted to see what you guys know. If I go with these stripes am I going to be stuck with them for the life of the car? I'm here in DFW and am a little worried that after a few summers in the Texas sun, the paint under the stripes will be noticeably darker than the paint that was exposed to the sun. I want to know if I will be able to just remove the stripes in the future without any color issues.

Thanks for any input.
Matt
Sponsored

BigWormGraphix

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bigwormgraphix.com
First Name
Team BigWorm
Vehicle(s)
>=2005 muscle cars - camaro, mustang, challengers
I have never considered myself a big fan of stripes, but after seeing a few these cars with the stripes from Bigworm I'm starting to convert.

I think I know the answer to my "concern" but I wanted to see what you guys know. If I go with these stripes am I going to be stuck with them for the life of the car? I'm here in DFW and am a little worried that after a few summers in the Texas sun, the paint under the stripes will be noticeably darker than the paint that was exposed to the sun. I want to know if I will be able to just remove the stripes in the future without any color issues.

Thanks for any input.
Matt
Depends on what color you car is, darker cars the fading will be visible and will require some buffing/detailing when the stripes are removed. On a white or silver car it isn't visible. We remove stripes for customers that have lease cars and need to return them after the lease. On the 2015 cars the paint seems to be better quality than previous years, so it may not be as visible as previous years. We are located in Fort Worth, you are welcome to stop by and we can show you some examples.

OP
OP
Novi331

Novi331

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP/AP
David,

I am in Fort Worth, I will give you a call. My car is magnetic, I would like the matte black narrow stripes with the thin accent ones as well. I love the way the red accents look but I'm not sure how they will look on the grey car. My wife thinks the accents should be silver, I am terrible at making decisions like these.

BigWormGraphix

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bigwormgraphix.com
First Name
Team BigWorm
Vehicle(s)
David,

I am in Fort Worth, I will give you a call. My car is magnetic, I would like the matte black narrow stripes with the thin accent ones as well. I love the way the red accents look but I'm not sure how they will look on the grey car. My wife thinks the accents should be silver, I am terrible at making decisions like these.
If you have a chance to stop by we can install some small stripe sections of both combinations so you can see them in person. Either color would look good on a magnetic Mustang, depending on which one you like better.

sndofprogress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT pp
I'm also trying to decide between red or silver accents with a magnetic car! If you make a decision please post pics!

Sponsored

quiong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang V6
Hi David, I'm in Dallas and I'm thinking of driving over later this week to take a look at some of your hood spears & rocker panel stripes. My car is DIB but I can't decide between white or black. Light blue might also look decent. How long do they take to install?

BigWormGraphix

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bigwormgraphix.com
First Name
Team BigWorm
Vehicle(s)
Hi David, I'm in Dallas and I'm thinking of driving over later this week to take a look at some of your hood spears & rocker panel stripes. My car is DIB but I can't decide between white or black. Light blue might also look decent. How long do they take to install?
The install would take less than a hour. Let me know when you would like to come by and I can make an appointment for you so you don't have to wait on us to finish other cars. You can call the office at 817-448-9741 or message me thru the forum.

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
Hi,

I'm just in Allen, so it's a quick trip over for me. But, do you do anything like the cowl stripe that Ford offers? I'd much rather give my business to a local company.

(I'd also thought about a roof black out on mine to go with the Cowl Stripe).
Screen Shot 2015-04-29 at 10.25.02 AM.png

BigWormGraphix

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bigwormgraphix.com
First Name
Team BigWorm
Vehicle(s)
Hi,

I'm just in Allen, so it's a quick trip over for me. But, do you do anything like the cowl stripe that Ford offers? I'd much rather give my business to a local company.

(I'd also thought about a roof black out on mine to go with the Cowl Stripe).
That is a product we will have in the near future. We have a lot of new products planned for early summer. We are expanding into the building new door so that has taken up a lot of time the last month or so. We should have hash mark stripes on the web site on Friday and some new pictures.

Sponsored

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
That'll be awesome - when you're ready I'll drive over ASAP. I can wait a few months for sure to have it done properly and to support a local business.

BigWormGraphix

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bigwormgraphix.com
First Name
Team BigWorm
Vehicle(s)
That'll be awesome - when you're ready I'll drive over ASAP. I can wait a few months for sure to have it done properly and to support a local business.
Thanks!!

robb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Depends on what color you car is, darker cars the fading will be visible and will require some buffing/detailing when the stripes are removed. On a white or silver car it isn't visible. We remove stripes for customers that have lease cars and need to return them after the lease. On the 2015 cars the paint seems to be better quality than previous years, so it may not be as visible as previous years. We are located in Fort Worth, you are welcome to stop by and we can show you some examples.
Might be kind of cool to leave it as a ghost stripe.
Sponsored