Street Tires For HP Car ??

TEAsGrabber

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang Mach1
Yes....I've searched, pm'd a few members. The Cup2's gotta go! I'm not a big Michelin fan but will go there if I have to. I'm keeping the HP wheels and I'm plenty aware of staggered set-ups coming from 20 + years in the MB AMG world. What have you found works as far as sizes and all-around driving? I'm not going to track the car....pics of actual set-ups would be awesome! It;s raining here in BAMA....gotta hole in my windshield and baby needs new shoes!! Thanks!
Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Yes....I've searched, pm'd a few members. The Cup2's gotta go! I'm not a big Michelin fan but will go there if I have to. I'm keeping the HP wheels and I'm plenty aware of staggered set-ups coming from 20 + years in the MB AMG world. What have you found works as far as sizes and all-around driving? I'm not going to track the car....pics of actual set-ups would be awesome! It;s raining here in BAMA....gotta hole in my windshield and baby needs new shoes!! Thanks!
Do you want to stick with a summer only tire or an all season? Michelin PS4S and Continental Extreme Contact Sport are great summer only tires. I have the Continental ECS and they’re fantastic. No tramlining and still plenty grippy. They also do very well in wet weather. I’ll leave the sizes to other HP owners but I don’t see why you couldn’t mirror the stock sizes if you so choose.

OP
OP
TEAsGrabber

TEAsGrabber

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang Mach1
Do you want to stick with a summer only tire or an all season? Michelin PS4S and Continental Extreme Contact Sport are great summer only tires. I have the Continental ECS and they’re fantastic. No tramlining and still plenty grippy. They also do very well in wet weather. I’ll leave the sizes to other HP owners but I don’t see why you couldn’t mirror the stock sizes if you so choose.
What size Conti's?? I don't see a 315/30/19 listed? Thanks!

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

willymo72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
PS4S. I'd prob just run a 305/30square setup and save a little $ esp if you're never going to track it.

EDIT - While running square tire setup, just remember that your wheel widths are still different therefore front/back rotations isn't advisable.

Last edited:

Sponsored

doritoking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 mach 1 with handling package
I've been running 305 all around cooper zeon rs3-g1 all seasons for about 6500 miles now (mild pittsburgh winters). I highly recommend them for street only use in 3 season driving (excluding snow and ice).

pros (on the street):
- They have better grip than the cup 2's in almost every street situation outside of 80+ degree days on winding backroads where the cup 2's can finally start to get enough heat. The cup 2's have amazing grip on the track compared to even the PS4S, but on the street they almost never get enough heat in them to give you any confidence.
- with the cup 2's under 60f, the wheels spin at any speed when you WOT. In the coopers it's probably around 40f where that starts happening.
- In any amount of standing water cup 2's have no grip (hydroplane threshold is right around 50mph when the road is wet enough where you can see water on top of the road). I drove through the remnants of hurricane Ida in the cup 2's for about 9-10 hours and I was limited to 50mph max the entire drive. The coopers make driving in the wet feel like a normal affair in any normal car.
- I also survived a white-out blizzard for ~300 miles where I passed by over a dozen cars that had crashed into the ditch. Typically I don't take the car out when there's any snow in the forecast, but this was a poorly planned road trip.

cons (on the street):
- You lose some of that directness in the steering feel. Although for some people this would be a pro because with the cup 2's the steering is very anxious and jittery wanting to pull you off the road with any uneven surface.
- The sidewalls on the coopers don't look as cool as the cup 2's.

EDIT:
here's some photos of the coopers

IMG_0921.JPEG
IMG_0922.JPEG
IMG_0923.JPEG
IMG_0924.JPEG
IMG_0927.JPEG

Last edited:

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
PS4S stock HP sizes have worked great. No tramlining.

P.S. @doritoking how have we not run into each other yet???

doritoking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PS4S stock HP sizes have worked great. No tramlining.

P.S. @doritoking how have we not run into each other yet???
What color is yours? I've seen a red non-HP, and a fighter jet grey HP in the pittsburgh area.

doritoking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What color is yours? I've seen a red non-HP, and a fighter jet grey HP in the pittsburgh area.
Oh i see from your media tab yours is silver. I definitely have not seen you somehow. I've had my mach 1 since May 2021 and have put about 10k miles on it. Not sure how we haven't crossed paths.

qdog9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
I also run PS4S in stock sizes and they are great for daily driving. No more tramlining and inspires way more confidence in the rain.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TEAsGrabber

TEAsGrabber

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang Mach1
I've been running 305 all around cooper zeon rs3-g1 all seasons for about 6500 miles now (mild pittsburgh winters). I highly recommend them for street only use in 3 season driving (excluding snow and ice).

pros (on the street):
- They have better grip than the cup 2's in almost every street situation outside of 80+ degree days on winding backroads where the cup 2's can finally start to get enough heat. The cup 2's have amazing grip on the track compared to even the PS4S, but on the street they almost never get enough heat in them to give you any confidence.
- with the cup 2's under 60f, the wheels spin at any speed when you WOT. In the coopers it's probably around 40f where that starts happening.
- In any amount of standing water cup 2's have no grip (hydroplane threshold is right around 50mph when the road is wet enough where you can see water on top of the road). I drove through the remnants of hurricane Ida in the cup 2's for about 9-10 hours and I was limited to 50mph max the entire drive. The coopers make driving in the wet feel like a normal affair in any normal car.
- I also survived a white-out blizzard for ~300 miles where I passed by over a dozen cars that had crashed into the ditch. Typically I don't take the car out when there's any snow in the forecast, but this was a poorly planned road trip.

cons (on the street):
- You lose some of that directness in the steering feel. Although for some people this would be a pro because with the cup 2's the steering is very anxious and jittery wanting to pull you off the road with any uneven surface.
- The sidewalls on the coopers don't look as cool as the cup 2's.

EDIT:
here's some photos of the coopers

IMG_0921.JPEG
IMG_0922.JPEG
IMG_0923.JPEG
IMG_0924.JPEG
IMG_0927.JPEG
Thanks that's the feedback I'm looking for! Awesome Black Mach1 ! It's funny you say Coopers.....I was just having coffee with my wife's cousin who lives down here in BAMA part-time and commutes to Denora, PA where his collision and towing company is located! 1 man shop been in business for 40+ years. He works now by appointment only. He just told me look @ Coopers as well! TY

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Oh i see from your media tab yours is silver. I definitely have not seen you somehow. I've had my mach 1 since May 2021 and have put about 10k miles on it. Not sure how we haven't crossed paths.
I'm in Irwin and have seen ZERO in real life, except one cyber orange non-HP at the Shultz Ford show in September. Nice to hear there are more around!

doritoking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm in Irwin and have seen ZERO in real life, except one cyber orange non-HP at the Shultz Ford show in September. Nice to hear there are more around!
that would explain it. I’m in the city and the only time I head in your direction is to go to ohiopyle to drive

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK