Sponsored

Storing Mustang on stands, leave in neutral/no brake?

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
I put mine on stands, This way I can start it, and run it through the gears.
Seals seem to last longer this way.. At least for me.
Sponsored

OP
OP

MADMAX11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Max
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang
Good morning all! Quick question, first time storing my Mustang (manual transmission) in the garage for the winter. I'm going to be elevating and putting on 4 proper jack stands for several months... Q = while it's up there I believe I would just leave it in neutral without the emergency brake on, is that correct? Just want to make sure before going ahead. Thank you kindly in advance. MM
Thanks everyone , I've decided to leave on ground during the 3-4 cold months in Ontario.

I'm thinking out loud here but to try to prevent or reduce flat spots on the tires could I keep on checking them and adding air if I need be? It's just in my personal garage (unheated) at home so easy access. Thoughts?

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
Also make sure you get a couple cases of GladWrap and encase it in plastic. Just to be sure.

Deleted member 69033

Honestly uid be surprised if your tires flat spot in that amount of time. I park my hot rod all winter, and it has bias plys which flat spot way easier, and they've never done it to me over a winter...

Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Good morning all! Quick question, first time storing my Mustang (manual transmission) in the garage for the winter. I'm going to be elevating and putting on 4 proper jack stands for several months... Q = while it's up there I believe I would just leave it in neutral without the emergency brake on, is that correct? Just want to make sure before going ahead. Thank you kindly in advance. MM
Mine is stored on Quick Jack's with tires removed and stored. I do all of my retorques and mods during the down time.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT