Sponsored

Stock Pirelli P Zeros

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The time has come to put my summer tires back on. With only about 5k miles on them, I may as well get use out of the stock P Zeros. However, when they were taken off (by the Ford garage) they noticed a bulge in the inner sidewall of one of the rears! I've looked for a replacement, and want the exact same one, but there seems to be many iterations of the P Zero. Is anyone able to help with finding the correct version?

Many thanks in advance.
Sponsored

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
Honestly ditch them and get mps4s. You wont regret it. I binned mine at 5600 but the rears were shot, fronts had loads of tread but the sidewalls were cracked. Black circle has 40 off four at the moment and also 15 percent if you or your partner is nhs.

OP
OP

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'm not binning 3 perfectly good tyres, certainly not to the tune of ÂŁ800 for a full set of new ones. Ive found the Pirellis adequate through summer for my driving style. If money was no object I would be taking your advice, but unfortunately I need to spend that money elsewhere.

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
How old are the tyres? Mine we 2.5 years old and although they looked like they had full tread st the front the side walls were pretty bad. I'm sure someone on here has a set lying around, they dont tend to fetch much and may get lucky with a decent second hand one. Sorry csnt help with what type they are but I'm sure a ford garage could tell you?

Sponsored

OP
OP

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
If I could find all season tyres in the UK to fit our rims, I would potentially fit some and have done with swapping twice a year. I bought the car new in November 2018, but it was built in 2017, so guess the tyres could be about 2.5 years by now. There is no sign of perishing though, and I suspect the bulge could be a manufacturing defect, but don’t hold out much hope of claiming anything from ford or Pirelli.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
No need to replace all four but it might be worth considering the rear pair. You'd get a pair of Kumhos for ÂŁ30 more than one Pirelli and they get some good press.
I have no issue with the PZs btw.

OP
OP

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
No need to replace all four but it might be worth considering the rear pair. You'd get a pair of Kumhos for ÂŁ30 more than one Pirelli and they get some good press.
I have no issue with the PZs btw.
Being slightly OCD, I want to retain the same tread pattern to all 4 corners.

GOM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red Ecoboost coupe
pirelli-tyres-logo.png

Pirelli P Zero
255/40 R19 Y (100)

AO (Audi fitment)

They have a different tactile feel (?different silica content) to the original; the only visual difference is a yellow spot on the sidewall, easily disguised with a black Sharpie. Used two to replace originals after side-wall bulges. No cracks yet, unlike the two originals even though these have been stored out of sunlight during winter/car in garage during summer.

For an all-season tyre look at the Y rated Vredrestein Quatrac Pro.

GOM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red Ecoboost coupe
Apologies - OP wanted rear tyres for a V8.

Ignore previous post.

Sponsored

marzman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Grabber Blue GT
How much life is left on the rears? I think mine only lasted 4500 miles from new before I nearly killed myself pulling onto a dual carriageway as they were worn out.

OP
OP

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Apologies - OP wanted rear tyres for a V8.

Ignore previous post.
Thanks. Presumably same item in a 275 width would do it?

GOM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red Ecoboost coupe
Presumably same item in a 275 width would do it?

Check the speed rating first; this can sometimes vary between different sizes of the same tyre.

Reasons for my choice (unscientific): 1). If its OK for Audi, its probably OK for me. 2). Germany has weather rather more similar to the UK than has Mexico, where I believe the stock tyres were made. 3). Better sidewalls give some protection against potholes - wishful thinking?

Perhaps somebody else can give you rather better and informed advice!

OP
OP

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
How much life is left on the rears? I think mine only lasted 4500 miles from new before I nearly killed myself pulling onto a dual carriageway as they were worn out.
Tread depth is approximately 4-5mm. Not sure how many miles that equates too, but should be good for this summer at least.
Sponsored