Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
We shouldn't joke, Ford really are capable of such balls ups :lol:

Look forward to seeing some more pics of the grabber Nige...
you mean the nitrous ;)!
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
LMFAO. On a serious note, I did have a salesman say "Wow, the Mustang looks great in Nitrous Blue". Nitrous Blue is the colour of most Focus RS'. If a dealer doesn't even know what colours the cars he sells are what hope have we got in getting good service from reputable enthusiastic dealers??
Just be grateful they actually know which of the cars on the forecourt are Mustangs!

From my car buying experience over the last 12-15 years, it's always been a case of getting a brochure, reading up/researching online, and then going in to the dealerships to explain the features and options available on the cars to the salesmen, who are generally only able to identify the make, model and colour of the car in front of them 'cos it's written on a little display stand next to it!

The two things they always do seem to know (strangely) however, is that 'there's not much mark up on the car so little or no room for discount' and of course how much commission they'll make on it if they can BS their way through the sales pitch without you running away!

OP
OP
Gloucesternige

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
"Sorry sir we tried to fix the alignment... these were the only doors prepainted in nitrous blue"

funniest_memes_did-the-alignme-5509814b0f5ec.jpg
You don't know how close to the truth you may be Steve??

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Gloucesternige

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just be grateful they actually know which of the cars on the forecourt are Mustangs!

From my car buying experience over the last 12-15 years, it's always been a case of getting a brochure, reading up/researching online, and then going in to the dealerships to explain the features and options available on the cars to the salesmen, who are generally only able to identify the make, model and colour of the car in front of them 'cos it's written on a little display stand next to it!

The two things they always do seem to know (strangely) however, is that 'there's not much mark up on the car so little or no room for discount' and of course how much commission they'll make on it if they can BS their way through the sales pitch without you running away!
Its funny.. this is exactly my experience with the mustang and the RS. Also, funnily, they know absolutely nothing about EB engine failures in the RS and nothing of puddle light or oil cooler problems in GT's???

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
Its funny.. this is exactly my experience with the mustang and the RS. Also, funnily, they know absolutely nothing about EB engine failures in the RS and nothing of puddle light or oil cooler problems in GT's???
But they know everything there is to know about the Rolex Oyster Perpetual or Submariner on their wrists!

I went into several Ford dealerships in the US in May, and aside from commission only sales monkeys out on the lots, found the guys in the showrooms to be very knowledgeable and passionate about what they were selling.

A visit to the average UK dealership tends to be like walking onto the set of the latest Zombie movie, and in several visits I appear to have played 'The Invisible Man' as no f**ker appears to have seen me!

Anyway... going off topic slightly... so good luck with getting your car (finally)... even if it does have a Nitrous Blue Focus RS door fitted :D

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Remember the Polo Harlequin:eyebulge::eyebulge:

OP
OP
Gloucesternige

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey guys. Thanks for all the great replies, really great reading and funny too!!

Well, I went to see her today and to cut a long story short she's still at the dealers.

I'll give more detail tomorrow.

Sponsored

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
I expect they've probably replaced the wrong door... :ninja:

OP
OP
Gloucesternige

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No, they replaced the correct door, and painted it the right color. Yes "Color" because she's American!! :headbang::headbang:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
"it was the boot that was damaged right?"

"you wanted two passanger doors right?"

[MENTION=27831]Gloucesternige[/MENTION] might be worth thinking of a cancelled/stock order as a replacement, this is beyond a joke and bearing in mind it's eating into insurance YOU have paid and Tax YOU have paid, let alone into time driving a car YOU have paid for, it's about time ford pulled their fingers out their arse, and if "new issue" isn't a 1-2day fix, it's a new car, I wouldn't be having this shit from them, seems youve been at it for ages. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Gloucesternige

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well guys, I picked her up today and must say I'm very pleased!!
They kept her last night because I wanted the interior panel left off so I could inspect the door internals. They had to refit it so I picked her up this morning and went straight to the simply mustangs meet at Staverton.

Here she is ...

I met Sheps today, what a star guy he is!! He played exhaust music to me on the M5 after the show. Very impressive I must say!!

This has been a long and annoying journey into S550 ownership but we got there in the end. Claire Middleton works at Ford customer Service and I must say, she is bloody awesome and was a lifeline between the dealer and me. I will never buy another car from Bristol Street, purely because they ignored my mails and calls. Once they had my money they lost interest and it wasn't until this last week that I had communication from the body shop manager and general manager, probably because Claire was on it??

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Well guys, I picked her up today and must say I'm very pleased!!
They kept her last night because I wanted the interior panel left off so I could inspect the door internals. They had to refit it so I picked her up this morning and went straight to the simply mustangs meet at Staverton.

Here she is ...

I met Sheps today, what a star guy he is!! He played exhaust music to me on the M5 after the show. Very impressive I must say!!

This has been a long and annoying journey into S550 ownership but we got there in the end. Claire Middleton works at Ford customer Service and I must say, she is bloody awesome and was a lifeline between the dealer and me. I will never buy another car from Bristol Street, purely because they ignored my mails and calls. Once they had my money they lost interest and it wasn't until this last week that I had communication from the body shop manager and general manager, probably because Claire was on it??
Looks great, now just enjoy:thumbsup::)

As for BS motors (as I call them). They're a sorry excuse for a dealer.. me and Gibbo have experienced how inept they are, and neither of us use them anymore...:rant::paddle:
Sponsored