Steering wheel damage stoplock

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
So I buy a brand new pro elite and discover the old original stoploc wont fit the ladys golf. So we swap I now have two dints on my wheel ffs! Will these come out with time or is my only option replace? Where do you guys get the 350 wheel from worst case scenario and all that
Sponsored

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra MkV - Tungsten Silver
So I buy a brand new pro elite and discover the old original stoploc wont fit the ladys golf. So we swap I now have two dints on my wheel ffs! Will these come out with time or is my only option replace? Where do you guys get the 350 wheel from worst case scenario and all that
i had similar and switched to one that loosely fits the steering wheel to prevent damage
IMG_20190802_193111.jpg

Symone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2021 mach1 grabber yellow A10

Got my GT350R Wheel from States while on holiday for my previous Mustang on this one I had it altered /made by Jack @ royalsteeringwheels.com
Had a blue stripe/stitching and a flat bottom was £220 exchange
9E351CDA-433B-4C3C-B657-8DB30CC43FDC.jpeg

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Dents should come out after a few days, may need to give the foam a squeeze and a press to help it along. I found this out too the first time i used my stoplock, i wrap half a microfibre round the parts of the steering wheel where the edge of the metal is - no dents now

OP
OP
maddog1982

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
Thanks guys! I love the look of that steering wheel!! WOW! I have found this on CJ today, its down $269.99 plus $53.85 dollars shipped with all taxes paid. Works out around £256ish delived. Decissions. Good to know about the dints coming out, they do actually look a lot better. Just installed my FP shift knob too so was thinking the steering wheel may be a great addition. I have heard good and bad things about Jack so wasn't sure what to do. I haven't got a spare though and my car is my daily driver so couldnt be without a wheel!!
https://www.cjponyparts.com/steerin...-with-red-stitching-stripe-2015-2017/p/STW73/

Last edited:

Sponsored

Symone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2021 mach1 grabber yellow A10
Thanks guys! I love the look of that steering wheel!! WOW! I have found this on CJ today, its down $269.99 plus $53.85 dollars shipped with all taxes paid. Works out around £256ish delived. Decissions. Good to know about the dints coming out, they do actually look a lot better. Just installed my FP shift knob too so was thinking the steering wheel may be a great addition. I have heard good and bad things about Jack so wasn't sure what to do. I haven't got a spare though and my car is my daily driver so couldnt be without a wheel!!
https://www.cjponyparts.com/steerin...-with-red-stitching-stripe-2015-2017/p/STW73/
If you haven’t a spare no problem you pay a extra £75 core charge until you return yours and get a refund

OP
OP
maddog1982

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
Oh really! I quite fancy a flat bottom wheel with red stitching and a bit more meat around 10 to 2.

Charlie Brown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17MY Mustang GT Auto Race Red Custom Pack
Across the pond these where the rage years ago they fell out of fashion since.

What is the specific purpose do you guys have in mind for using these?

Rollback theft a big problem? Key fob copying?
Theft of high end vehicles is a huge problem here in the UK especially with keyless entry where the thieves use computer kit to mimic the key signal and drive off in your pride and joy so we put the keys in faraday pouches to block the thieves signals and use steering wheel locks as a visual deterrent - but if they really want your car then they will have it - and car jacking using weapons is quite common too as are invasion burglaries where they just come into your home and demand the keys

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
You could always get the genuine steering wheel and an airbag and join #teamfakeshelby even though the Cobra logo isn't exclusive to Shelby I. E. Cobra Jet :handsinair::handsinair::cwl:
20191019_122717.jpg
20191019_122614.jpg

Sponsored

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
On a serious note. Get your cars low jacked and use a clutch pedal lock and leave your car in gear.

The only way they are taking that car is with the keys so they gonna have to break in and when they do take it, the low jack will do the trick.

Pilgrim/uk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
GT Yellow
use royalsteering wheels if you want a custom flat bottom wheel had mine two years now if your near Aylesbury you can drive over and he will fit it as you wait he charges like 15 quid
Sponsored