lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
car wont turn on and is giving me this on the dash. "Steering assist fault". Did it to me 2 days ago and after just reading codes with the access port it turned. Then again yesterday and after a few tries poof it turned on. But today theres no turning it on. The AP doesnt read the code, the only code that pops up is the lost communication with the AGS that usually does not affect anything in starting up but the steering assist code doesnt pop up. I tried disconnecting the battery for a while juuuust in case but since it isnt a wifi modem from 2007 it didnt work. Before I take it to the stealership, any ideas? anyone has had the issue?? faulty power steering module??
Sponsored

perfweld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
car wont turn on and is giving me this on the dash. "Steering assist fault". Did it to me 2 days ago and after just reading codes with the access port it turned. Then again yesterday and after a few tries poof it turned on. But today theres no turning it on. The AP doesnt read the code, the only code that pops up is the lost communication with the AGS that usually does not affect anything in starting up but the steering assist code doesnt pop up. I tried disconnecting the battery for a while juuuust in case but since it isnt a wifi modem from 2007 it didnt work. Before I take it to the stealership, any ideas? anyone has had the issue?? faulty power steering module??
My car messed up on me at the track one night after a run in the staging lanes. Power steering stopped working and it threw a code. I still drove it home with no power steering. It started working again 30 miles in, then I lost PS again the next day. It was under warranty, on the notes from the mechanic it was a ground wire that was installed against a painted surface. Why it acted up at a later date I dont know. I havent had an issue since for a few thousand miles.

cdenoma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost Premium/PP
I dont know if this will help. But when I installed my UPR DVCC mine did the same thing. Check the ground strap on the passenger side strut tower as that was the culprit.

OP
OP
lisandra

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
My car messed up on me at the track one night after a run in the staging lanes. Power steering stopped working and it threw a code. I still drove it home with no power steering. It started working again 30 miles in, then I lost PS again the next day. It was under warranty, on the notes from the mechanic it was a ground wire that was installed against a painted surface. Why it acted up at a later date I dont know. I havent had an issue since for a few thousand miles.
no idea which ground was it?

perfweld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang

Sponsored

OP
OP
lisandra

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
anyone happen to have a diagram for the ground cables? I wanna make sure imm not missing one before going to the stealership

OP
OP
lisandra

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
well i disconnected and connected every possible ground I saw with no luck. stealership it is...

Elnegros10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Ecoboost premium

Mine had that happened Saturday it's at the dealership now.it will not turn on they switched the clutch pedal and didn't work.now they ordered the pcm and will try to start it when it comes back.ill let u know for sure!

OP
OP
lisandra

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
mine is going in friday, lets see what happens

perfweld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
mine is going in friday, lets see what happens
They had mine fixed really quick, just tell them about the ground, that might help them trouble shoot it. It was a ground wire on a painted surface in the notes.

Sponsored
OP
OP
lisandra

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
They had mine fixed really quick, just tell them about the ground, that might help them trouble shoot it. It was a ground wire on a painted surface in the notes.
but they didnt tell you which?? I hate dealerships to death, If I knew which ground I could do this myself. Did they hand you notes? could you post a photo up? I could show them that

SidewaysMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I dont know if this will help. But when I installed my UPR DVCC mine did the same thing. Check the ground strap on the passenger side strut tower as that was the culprit.
You have no idea how much trouble you saved me!!!!

Thank you!

Mine did the same as OP described. Powered off and restarted the car, didn't change. Disconnected the battery, reconnected didn't change. Found the fuse, looked ok but I swapped it with another 5 amp just in case, still no change.

FOUND YOUR POST

Removed UPR remote mount catch can (which I've had on for 3 months/3,000 miles) BOOM all warnings gone, runs like new.

Don't know what to do now though, I had mounted it with the factory bolt rather than the 2 bolts and threaded piece UPR provides. Maybe that would make a difference?

RobBaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost, 6 speed, Performance Package in RR
I was getting the error message Steering Assist Service Required infrequently. Saw this ground as a possible issue. I disconnected the ground and reproduce the fault. Sanded the paint off below the ground bolt and the underside of the ground connection and bolted it back together issue resolved I bet. Thanks for the picture drudis I owe you a beer.

Ernie5_oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ernesto
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I was getting the error message Steering Assist Service Required infrequently. Saw this ground as a possible issue. I disconnected the ground and reproduce the fault. Sanded the paint off below the ground bolt and the underside of the ground connection and bolted it back together issue resolved I bet. Thanks for the picture drudis I owe you a beer.

Did the error message go away immediately when you turned on your car ?
Sponsored