Sponsored

Steering Assist Fault

17BlueCoyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT
Was at the track this weekend and disconnected the ABS pigtail next to the air box to turn off all of the nannies, the steering assist fault message appeared. Even after I reconnected the plug the message is still there and no power steering.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
Was at the track this weekend and disconnected the ABS pigtail next to the air box to turn off all of the nannies, the steering assist fault message appeared. Even after I reconnected the plug the message is still there and no power steering.

Thoughts?
Be careful and I had a friend loose his power steering when he disconnected the abs pigtail.Try disconnecting the battery for a few seconds to turn light off.My friend drove his 2016 Mustang about 30 miles and his power steering fixed it self and his power steering was good to go.

OP
OP
17BlueCoyote

17BlueCoyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT
Be careful and I had a friend loose his power steering when he disconnected the abs pigtail.Try disconnecting the battery for a few seconds to turn light off.My friend drove his 2016 Mustang about 30 miles and his power steering fixed it self and his power steering was good to go.
Thx buddy. Yeah I'm going to try leaving the battery disconnect over night, see if that does anything .

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
Thx buddy. Yeah I'm going to try leaving the battery disconnect over night, see if that does anything .
Just disconnect the battery for about 10 seconds and drive the car about 30 miles and your power steering should come back.
Sponsored