Sponsored

Steeda's S550 Billet Rear Shock Mounts Are Finally Here!

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Ya, I have a 22mm in that socket style but not a 21 lol. Mine are the non adjustable so the shaft has a 5mm hex key hole at the top of the shaft. I had to use a few bumps from my electric impact to get it tight or they weren't going together that night. Guess I'll have to by that socket to make sure I got it tight enough.
Or a 21mm standard handle 12 point 60° offset box wrench

Darkhelmet22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White 5.0
Or a 21mm standard handle 12 point 60° offset box wrench
hahahaha ya I had the same idea. I'm a lexus tech, I have a 20mm and a 22mm but not a 21mm in that style. Out of the whole shop nobody had that wrench in a 21mm. The 22 almost worked.

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
hahahaha ya I had the same idea. I'm a lexus tech, I have a 20mm and a 22mm but not a 21mm in that style. Out of the whole shop nobody had that wrench in a 21mm. The 22 almost worked.
It happened to me- LOL. The stock PP dampers are one size (which I had the socket) but the Steeda is a different size (of course I didn't have) and ended up use an offset box wrench.

DennisP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the Steeda rear shock mounts as well. I'm having the Ford Track Pack and other goodies installed in a month and all of the positive feedback from a bunch of members whose opinions I really trust convinced me to just go for it. All of my suspension upgrades are being installed by a shop, so I figured might as well just have it all done at once while the car is up in the air. :)

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the Steeda rear shock mounts as well. I'm having the Ford Track Pack and other goodies installed in a month and all of the positive feedback from a bunch of members whose opinions I really trust convinced me to just go for it. All of my suspension upgrades are being installed by a shop, so I figured might as well just have it all done at once while the car is up in the air. :)
You are making a great choice - many happy customers!

If you need any help before, during or after install - don't hesitate to let us know, you can always reach me at [email protected]!

Keep us updated after install

Best Regards,

TJ

DennisP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Thanks, will definitely update after the install!

You are making a great choice - many happy customers!

If you need any help before, during or after install - don't hesitate to let us know, you can always reach me at [email protected]!

Keep us updated after install

Best Regards,

TJ

Darkhelmet22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White 5.0
Steeda is sending me a new rear shock for my knock/pop noise. Thanks for the great customer service.

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Mine doesn't seem to have enough threads left (OEM PP shock) to fit a jam nut. Is it bad to use blue Loctite on the Steeda nut?
Ok to use blue loctite.

Steeda Tech

Sponsored

Spartanator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Stage 3 Roush
Got mine installed last night along with the rest of the parts in my signature. Awaiting alignment on Thursday! Lots of cussing during the install but it was usually due to user error.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Got mine installed last night along with the rest of the parts in my signature. Awaiting alignment on Thursday! Lots of cussing during the install but it was usually due to user error.
Glad to hear it ... the cussing is crucial in good installs, lol.

Glad it went well!

TJ

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
You installed all of that over the weekend?! Dayumm, nice job! Did you get to drive it at all or waiting for the alignment on Thursday? I bet you can't wait, the difference is oh so nice! Congrats! :clap2:

Spartanator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Stage 3 Roush
Glad to hear it ... the cussing is crucial in good installs, lol.

Glad it went well!

TJ
Yep, the vertical links are what caused the majority of the words. We must have moved the jack or something after the OEM link was out becauase we couldn't get the new one to line up. Got the otherside done in 5 minutes.

You installed all of that over the weekend?! Dayumm, nice job! Did you get to drive it at all or waiting for the alignment on Thursday? I bet you can't wait, the difference is oh so nice! Congrats! :clap2:
Yep, started at 12:10 worked til about 4:30, took a break at the car show for a few hours and then finished up at 1:45AM, back home at 2am-ish. I don't want to say anything until I get my alignment Thursday. I bought new OEM stuff so we would not have to dissemble the old shocks/struts.

Myweepony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Auto
Can anyone tell me what size of thread ie M10 x ? is on the standard shock and what length it is?

I have a set of Pedders that has M10 x 1.25 and has a length of 22mm that I would like to pair with them.

I don't have my car just yet, another couple of weeks to wait, so I can't check it myself.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored