OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Tim, I have a 15 non-pp gt with only the Steeda IRS braces and 30,000mi on the car. Will these springs work well with the stock dampers to get rid of some of the bounciness and slop in the suspension, basically tighten it up for a daily driver that doesn't track?
Also will it decrease the life of my stock dampers?
Thanks
On a base GT, I would recommend the Pro-Action Fixed valve.

Steeda Tech
Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Fixed valve?

Blackhawk25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe S
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
hey ChiTownStang, I believe he meant none adjustable dampers (correct?)

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, thanks Blackhawk25

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750

Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
So TJ, you're saying use these with my non-pp springs?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
So TJ, you're saying use these with my non-pp springs?
I think he's saying that he recommended a the fixed valve dampers for these minimum drop springs. That said, a damper upgrade would be good period, regardless of spring. The non PP are just not enough and aren't even particularly comfortable because of it (they don't have enough rebound in particular, and thus hardly ever control the body enough to give you that quick, uneventful single up-down to bumps. There's always some minor oscillation or odd harshness).

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Brian, so I’m back to doing the whole suspension again then.
Was trying to find a more cost effective way to get a better ride out without breaking the bank. It’s funny, when I called Steeda the guy on the phone said the min drop springs would work great with the non-PP dampers and at 30000 miles no need to change them. I guess suspension is like exhaust, subject to many people’s opinion...lol

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Thanks Brian, so I’m back to doing the whole suspension again then.
Was trying to find a more cost effective way to get a better ride out without breaking the bank. It’s funny, when I called Steeda the guy on the phone said the min drop springs would work great with the non-PP dampers and at 30000 miles no need to change them. I guess suspension is like exhaust, subject to many people’s opinion...lol
[MENTION=10281]BmacIL[/MENTION] is right, upgrading to aftermarket shocks and struts like our Pro-Actions is a good choice, but it is not necessary. You can install the springs now and upgrade the shocks and struts later. But, we always recommend doing similar upgrades at the same time to save a little bit of work.

Let me know if you are interested in the Non-Adjustable Pro-Actions with the springs and we can work something out.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Makes sense, thank you for explanation

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Makes sense, thank you for explanation
I think it's worth doing if you're going to do any of it. The halfway house isn't near as rewarding as getting it right the first time.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I hear ya. Makes total sense.
But then there are all the bushings, alignment kit, vertical links, sway bars. Where does it end for a guy that doesn’t track the car and drives on some pretty shitty roads around Chicago year round. 90% if the time I like my factory suspension. It’s the times I’m up In Wisconsin on some rustic roads pushing the car through the corners or maybe on the interstate and the car gets unsettled at 80-90mph , that’s when I’d like a little better suspension.
So this is where I’m trying to figure out minimum upgrade without over doing it.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
One more for you ...

attachment.jpg

TJ

Blackhawk25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe S
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
my update- so I ended up replacing the dampers with the steeda pro action adjustable dampers, the minimum drop springs with the PP dampers were not bad but did have a little bit of a bounce in the front of the vehicle, this was completely eliminated with the Pro action adjustable dampers, as far as the drop, it is just perfect IMO, the handling is fantastic, so to summarize, this is what i have upgraded, steeda minimum drop springs, Pro action adjustable dampers, steeda IRS brackets, Steeda 2 point front brace, 285 19s front tires, 305 19s rears, I must say car feels outstanding, ride is firm, absolutely no NVH at all, will report how it performs with this set up if and when I decide to test on track, but for the street and spirited driving "OUTSTANDING"

JakeS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic Metallic
my update- so I ended up replacing the dampers with the steeda pro action adjustable dampers, the minimum drop springs with the PP dampers were not bad but did have a little bit of a bounce in the front of the vehicle, this was completely eliminated with the Pro action adjustable dampers, as far as the drop, it is just perfect IMO, the handling is fantastic, so to summarize, this is what i have upgraded, steeda minimum drop springs, Pro action adjustable dampers, steeda IRS brackets, Steeda 2 point front brace, 285 19s front tires, 305 19s rears, I must say car feels outstanding, ride is firm, absolutely no NVH at all, will report how it performs with this set up if and when I decide to test on track, but for the street and spirited driving "OUTSTANDING"
Can you post up a pic. Looking to pull the trigger on those soon. I’m on Steeda Progressives and pro action non adjustables. But I just added a supercharger and it has lowered the front end a little to much. I’m also not interested in the ride height spacers because they don’t help with the over all compression of the spring.
Thank you
Sponsored