Sponsored

Steeda's Extreme Ultralite Linear Lowering Springs - Thoughts?

teej281

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium PP Auto
Is there a reason no additional spring rate was added when lowering the vehicle an extra inch from the regular Ultralites?
Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Wouldn't mind having the front springs. The standard progressives look awesome on my GT, but the front end could use an extra 3/8 to 1/2" drop. The rears are perfectly tucked and I've never been a big fan of hiding tire behind sheetmetal.

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Is there a reason no additional spring rate was added when lowering the vehicle an extra inch from the regular Ultralites?
Choosing a rate has a lot more factors and design goals than simply ride height - just because this vehicle is lowered more than average doesn't necessarily mean the spring rate needs to be increased.

In fact, we kept the rates the same because the ride quality is still great while also keeping a more balanced dynamic setup. Dropping the car changes the roll center quite substantially which changes the handling balance - these rates compliment the roll center change very well. :cheers:

We also want to reiterate the fact that bump stop length is very important when lowering your car to the extent of the stance displayed by our new Extreme Ultralites - so much that we have something special coming soon :)

Murdered_s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Vehicle(s)
15 Premium PP Ecoboost
Hmm... very interested in these.

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197

Sponsored

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197

hoax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost mustang
These look perfect...exactly what I'm looking for

Sponsored

hoax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost mustang

FFPM46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Choosing a rate has a lot more factors and design goals than simply ride height - just because this vehicle is lowered more than average doesn't necessarily mean the spring rate needs to be increased.

In fact, we kept the rates the same because the ride quality is still great while also keeping a more balanced dynamic setup. Dropping the car changes the roll center quite substantially which changes the handling balance - these rates compliment the roll center change very well. :cheers:

We also want to reiterate the fact that bump stop length is very important when lowering your car to the extent of the stance displayed by our new Extreme Ultralites - so much that we have something special coming soon :)
I sent an email and a pm regarding these springs. Could you check your in box?

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT

Well I am guessing struts/Shocks. Talked with Bilstein today their East coast office and August is the day they will start releasing their Struts/Shocks for our GTs. Soooooooo if you want me to get Steeda Struts/Shocks y'all betta hurry up. Plenty of money in the bank problem I have is wife is monitoring account. I have to find a way to launder it so she does not understand where it went. :ford:

Budnr22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Oxford - Tech Pack
The spring rates on these Extreme Ultralite lowering springs are 225 lb/in up front and 880 lb/in for the rear.

[MENTION=15333]Budnr22[/MENTION] there ya go.
Thank you, sir

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David