Steeda Tune turn around timescale?

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I'm currently trying to find out if I were to get an 85mm throttle body if they would need to tweak the tune to help extract the most power.
If you have the GT350 intake manifold it should give some improvement. Stock GT350 TB is 87mm. Either size will need a tune revision.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Nodster

Nodster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
If you have the GT350 intake manifold it should give some improvement. Stock GT350 TB is 87mm. Either size will need a tune revision.
Thanks, I was looking at the afe 85mm TB with the standard 2018 GT intake manifold. Afe claim no tune required but I reached out to Matt to see what he thought and if a tweak to the tune would be recommended / possible. :)

OP
OP
Nodster

Nodster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
What is your name? Ill check in with Matt and see what the eta is
Was this aimed at me? It's James if so. Thanks for the help! Like I say, was just picking his brains really. Appreciate he probably has more important things to do. I just didn't want to purchase anything without getting a steer from Steeda etc. :like:

mrgooden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Hey Richard, yeah I did eventually get the tune thanks. About 2 days after I posted that comment. So it took like 17 days in total, just shy of 3 weeks.

I agree should change their timescales to a more realistic figure.

I'm currently trying to find out if I were to get an 85mm throttle body if they would need to tweak the tune to help extract the most power. I was emailing with Matt from Steeda on June 3rd but since then it's all gone quiet. :frown:

Hope you get your tune sent through soon.

Cheers.
I would think any change of throttle body opening would require an update of some type. Though, I to am new to tuning. Will only have the Steeda Closed air box currently. Hopefully you hear back from them soon. Any complaints with your current tune?

Richard

OP
OP
Nodster

Nodster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I would think any change of throttle body opening would require an update of some type. Though, I to am new to tuning. Will only have the Steeda Closed air box currently. Hopefully you hear back from them soon. Any complaints with your current tune?

Richard
Thanks. I think as you and others say it'll likely need an update. No complaints at all though with the tune. Car runs great. I do get a slight searching/hunting at idle but only if car is hot after being driven and I turn it off, and back on again. Say stopping for petrol. That sort of few minutes of being off and back on. But it goes away after a few seconds. Drives well. So I may try a KAM reset for that.

Sponsored

seabee133

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2021 Roush RS3 Twister Orange
Was this aimed at me? It's James if so. Thanks for the help! Like I say, was just picking his brains really. Appreciate he probably has more important things to do. I just didn't want to purchase anything without getting a steer from Steeda etc. :like:
Yes, it was to you.. I also work at steeda.. I did reach out to him and you should see a reply..

OP
OP
Nodster

Nodster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Yes, it was to you.. I also work at steeda.. I did reach out to him and you should see a reply..
Ah awesome. Yeah he responded a few moments ago. Thanks again. :thumbsup:

mrgooden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I'm at like 17 Days now. Hopefully will get something soon. Between waiting on order to fulfill and actually being able to use I'm at 35. Busy refinancing the house right now, so hopefully have something next week.

Richard

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Shoot me a private message with your order number let me look into it for you

seabee133

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2021 Roush RS3 Twister Orange
Just looked into it and we show that it went out to your email June 8th at 103pm.. Sometimes it can get lost in junk/spam, so if you can please check into that, let me know. thanks!

I'm at like 17 Days now. Hopefully will get something soon. Between waiting on order to fulfill and actually being able to use I'm at 35. Busy refinancing the house right now, so hopefully have something next week.

Richard

Sponsored

mrgooden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Just looked into it and we show that it went out to your email June 8th at 103pm.. Sometimes it can get lost in junk/spam, so if you can please check into that, let me know. thanks!
Apparently you are correct sir. I found it. I will install the CAI and Tune next week, Busy with refinance things until then. Good looking out!

Richard

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
We are longer so that we can write them perfect :)
You guys must have really slow computers if it takes 7 days to attach a file to an email and hit send, because let's be honest 99.9% of initial tunes that you guys send out are just copies of a previous file that you did for a similar combination of modifications.

Not saying ya'll didn't spend days upon days perfecting your tunes, but you did that back in 2018 when the first Gen 3 came out. Now it's just a copy and paste :like:

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
More tunes are complex than others - it's not just a copy and paste - there are items that need to be adjusted & are specific to customers cars.

Given the volume of tunes Steeda does - it takes time to get them all out the door. The tunes are written to be safe, reliable & powerful.

Thank you for your feedback.

TJ
Sponsored