Sponsored

Steeda Tune Received and Installed on Otherwise Stock PP GT

Ayatollah Humungous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP
I received my Steeda tune in the mail about a week ago and a tune in my e-mail a few days ago. I was quite pleased with the alacrity and thrift that Steeda utilized in shipping my merchandise. I opted for expedited shipping as I am an impatient person. Steeda sent me an E-mail telling me that since I am close to where the product ships from I would receive the package in the same time frame with a cheaper shipping option. They automatically switched my package to the cheaper option and charged me less money up front. I like that.

I installed the tune and put a few driving cycles on it yesterday and am quite pleased. The car seems more eager to rev. It shifts a bit smoother since I am now shifting at a slightly higher RPM as a result. This is a happy by-product I did not see coming.

It does indeed feel more powerful in the low to mid-rpm ranges. It is a nice upgrade. I am most impressed with the tunes ability to retain stock driveability. There is no surging, no lurches from hanging RPMs, and power delivery feels more linear. I was worried about this due to past tuning experiences, but my worries were unfounded.I am not really interested in peak numbers, just how fun the car is to drive, so there probably won't be any dyno testing.

I recently received an e-mail that the Steeda CAI will be available. I will purchase that, update the tune, put some springs on it and call the car completed until exhaust prices come back down to earth.
Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Something that isn't often mentioned is that when you purchase a Steeda-branded product that requires a tune, such as their CAI, they include a tune for free.

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
I received my Steeda tune in the mail about a week ago and a tune in my e-mail a few days ago. I was quite pleased with the alacrity and thrift that Steeda utilized in shipping my merchandise. I opted for expedited shipping as I am an impatient person. Steeda sent me an E-mail telling me that since I am close to where the product ships from I would receive the package in the same time frame with a cheaper shipping option. They automatically switched my package to the cheaper option and charged me less money up front. I like that.

I installed the tune and put a few driving cycles on it yesterday and am quite pleased. The car seems more eager to rev. It shifts a bit smoother since I am now shifting at a slightly higher RPM as a result. This is a happy by-product I did not see coming.

It does indeed feel more powerful in the low to mid-rpm ranges. It is a nice upgrade. I am most impressed with the tunes ability to retain stock driveability. There is no surging, no lurches from hanging RPMs, and power delivery feels more linear. I was worried about this due to past tuning experiences, but my worries were unfounded.I am not really interested in peak numbers, just how fun the car is to drive, so there probably won't be any dyno testing.

I recently received an e-mail that the Steeda CAI will be available. I will purchase that, update the tune, put some springs on it and call the car completed until exhaust prices come back down to earth.
That's what we like to hear! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the feedback!

Nye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
David, any dyno numers on some of your tunes? Thanks

bakerjd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name