Steeda Stainless Steel Brake Lines - Issue

barkingspud

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premuim
I recently purchased the Steeda SS Brake Line upgrade (https://www.steeda.com/steeda-mustang-stainless-braided-brake-lines-2015-gt-555-6027.html) for my 2019 GT as part of a complete Suspension/Brake upgrade project. The rear lines installed without a hitch. The front, not so much. I spend the better part of 2 hours on the Left front side and another hour on the Right and was never able to get the Flare Nut on the hard line to thread in to the new lines.

Has anyone else had this issue? I'm not a newb. Been wrenching cars for decades including my former Pro Mod car. I can thread an M10x1.5 bold in to the line but the Flare Nut will start on the first thread by hand but no further. Steeda Tech is stumped and so am I.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
I recently purchased the Steeda SS Brake Line upgrade (https://www.steeda.com/steeda-mustang-stainless-braided-brake-lines-2015-gt-555-6027.html) for my 2019 GT as part of a complete Suspension/Brake upgrade project. The rear lines installed without a hitch. The front, not so much. I spend the better part of 2 hours on the Left front side and another hour on the Right and was never able to get the Flare Nut on the hard line to thread in to the new lines.

Has anyone else had this issue? I'm not a newb. Been wrenching cars for decades including my former Pro Mod car. I can thread an M10x1.5 bold in to the line but the Flare Nut will start on the first thread by hand but no further. Steeda Tech is stumped and so am I.

Thoughts?
See if you can start a 10x1.5 bolt on the receiving side.

Steeda Tech

OP
OP
barkingspud

barkingspud

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premuim
I believe you mean a 10x1.5 nut. I just put the car back together. I have a few more parts on the way and will try it again when I start that project. Just figured that a forum member might have ran into this and figured out what the trick is.

Thank you.

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
I believe you mean a 10x1.5 nut. I just put the car back together. I have a few more parts on the way and will try it again when I start that project. Just figured that a forum member might have ran into this and figured out what the trick is.

Thank you.
I have our team checking our inventory to make sure that out thread dimensions are correct.
Keep you posted.
Steeda Tech

Sponsored

MGELTZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitchell
Vehicle(s)
2019 EcoBoost
I'm having the same issue on a 2019 EcoBoost. What was the verdict on this issue?

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Use a 10mm x 1.5 die to clean up threads. We have found on rare cases the factory over torqued the flange nut and deformed the flange nut slightly. iI your not comfortable with doing our recommendation you can return the kit.
Steeda Tech

MGELTZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitchell
Vehicle(s)
2019 EcoBoost
I tried that. I was having trouble even getting the die started on the threads. I will try again. Thank you

MGELTZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitchell
Vehicle(s)
2019 EcoBoost
Got after it again this afternoon and was successful with one of the two. So i am now cutting the fitting and flare off and replacing. What a damn joke. Should have been a plug and play. The problem is not with the Steeda part replacement. Totally Fords fault with quality control.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Got after it again this afternoon and was successful with one of the two. So i am now cutting the fitting and flare off and replacing. What a damn joke. Should have been a plug and play. The problem is not with the Steeda part replacement. Totally Fords fault with quality control.
Keep us updated - we're here to help.

Thank you,

TJ
Sponsored