Steeda splitter not compatible with 2017

cpelaez1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cristian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black 5.0 Vert
Hey everyone. I have a 2017 GT pp. I ordered the Steeda splitter. None of the holes lined up. Spoke with Steeda. They tested this out on a 2017 they had at their shop. They verified that it did not align properly. Apparently Ford changed the belly pan screw locations for the 2017. Steeda informed me they they are going to make a 2017 version. I will be waiting for this version to come out. Wanted to post this so people would know.

Cristian
Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Hey everyone. I have a 2017 GT pp. I ordered the Steeda splitter. None of the holes lined up. Spoke with Steeda. They tested this out on a 2017 they had at their shop. They verified that it did not align properly. Apparently Ford changed the belly pan screw locations for the 2017. Steeda informed me they they are going to make a 2017 version. I will be waiting for this version to come out. Wanted to post this so people would know.

Cristian
Thank you for sharing - there are always subtle changes, year to year & it always takes a bit of time to verify everything.

Best Regards,

TJ

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
Interesting. I wouldn't have guessed they'd do that.

50Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Corsair & 1990 Mustang GT. 2019 Mustang GT PP2 (Sold), 2019 Lincoln MKZ (Sold), 2017 Mustang GT PP (Sold), 2009 Civic Si (Sold)
Thank you for sharing - there are always subtle changes, year to year & it always takes a bit of time to verify everything.

Best Regards,

TJ
Subbed. Decided the Steeda over the APR, so would like an update. Also have a 17 GT PP

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Subbed. Decided the Steeda over the APR, so would like an update. Also have a 17 GT PP
I will see if I can get an updated for you ... you are making a great choice!

TJ

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Update ...

We scanned the front a week ago. We will overlay the data on the 15-16 model and see what the exact difference is ... more to come!

TJ

50Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Corsair & 1990 Mustang GT. 2019 Mustang GT PP2 (Sold), 2019 Lincoln MKZ (Sold), 2017 Mustang GT PP (Sold), 2009 Civic Si (Sold)
Update ...

We scanned the front a week ago. We will overlay the data on the 15-16 model and see what the exact difference is ... more to come!

TJ
a

Any updates TJ? Been awhile.

ghst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 401a RIP
Update ...

TJ
Do you guys have tie rods available for your version of the splitter by any chance?

:cheers:

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It fits the 2017 ... 4 holes need to be enlarged. We will modify the instructions today.

Best Regards,

TJ

OP
OP
cpelaez1

cpelaez1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cristian
Vehicle(s)
Hey everyone,

I received a drill template from Randy at Steeda with instructions on where to drill out the holes and make them bigger. Unfortunately those instructions didn't work for my 2017. What I ended up doing was screwing in all of the front holes along the bumper and then when those were good I drilled the back two. It was just a little off to the left for the back center two. Also, I didn't use the two holes on the sides for the push pins. Those didn't align either. To compensate I just used a j clip and drilled another hole to make sure it's secure. It feels good and sturdy so I'm fine with it. I've attached some pics so everyone can see. I also informed Randy of this and he let his r and d department know so this doesn't happen to others. Overall I'm happy with the product and the customer service, they definitely are taking care of me for any invoncenice this caused.

Cristian
IMG_1890.JPG
IMG_1891.JPG
IMG_1892.JPG
IMG_1893.JPG
IMG_1894.JPG

Sponsored

NasaStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium CO A6
Looking good Cristian :thumbsup:

50Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for posting! Will probably post my order soon.

Hey everyone,

I received a drill template from Randy at Steeda with instructions on where to drill out the holes and make them bigger. Unfortunately those instructions didn't work for my 2017. What I ended up doing was screwing in all of the front holes along the bumper and then when those were good I drilled the back two. It was just a little off to the left for the back center two. Also, I didn't use the two holes on the sides for the push pins. Those didn't align either. To compensate I just used a j clip and drilled another hole to make sure it's secure. It feels good and sturdy so I'm fine with it. I've attached some pics so everyone can see. I also informed Randy of this and he let his r and d department know so this doesn't happen to others. Overall I'm happy with the product and the customer service, they definitely are taking care of me for any inconvenience this caused.

Cristian

Darthmayxj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I actually had the Steeda splitter on my 16. The holes did not really line up that well and the splitter did not look centered on the bumper. The splitter sticking out on one side was further than on the other. I can see that is the case in the picture above as well. When I sold the splitter to someone else it was off on his car as well. I ended up going with a custom made aluminum composite splitter from someone in my local group because of that.

OP
OP
cpelaez1

cpelaez1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cristian
Vehicle(s)
I actually had the Steeda splitter on my 16. The holes did not really line up that well and the splitter did not look centered on the bumper. The splitter sticking out on one side was further than on the other. I can see that is the case in the picture above as well. When I sold the splitter to someone else it was off on his car as well. I ended up going with a custom made aluminum composite splitter from someone in my local group because of that.
Yea mine sticks out a little on the left side. Sucks but it doesn't bother me enough to get rid of it. It also matches the RTR side skirts really well.
Sponsored