Sponsored

Steeda Shock Mount Question

ssmith891

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500
So while tightening up my top shock nuts (after diagnosing that as my clunking problem) I decided to go ahead and put on Steeda Bumpstops. While I was taking the shock mounts off, I noticed that the person that did my install for fixed pro action shocks/mounts used the provided nuts from Steeda, but reused the stock spacers and did not use the gold ones that came with the mounts.

Are there major differences between these spacers? Should I leave everything off and get gold spacers from Steeda before putting everything back together?
Sponsored

whalesalad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
With my installation (on pro action non adjustable) I placed that below the mount (the first thing on the shock), then the mount, and on top is the special nut that slides down into the center of the mount. Then a lock nut to top it off.

Are you saying you have one of those already on the shock?

OP
OP
ssmith891

ssmith891

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500
With my installation (on pro action non adjustable) I placed that below the mount (the first thing on the shock), then the mount, and on top is the special nut that slides down into the center of the mount. Then a lock nut to top it off.

Are you saying you have one of those already on the shock?
Iā€™m saying I have all of that besides the special nut, the gold one that Steeda provides.

Sponsored

whalesalad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Yeah thatā€™s a bummer. Iā€™d reach out to Steeda and try to see about ordering replacements. Without that special nut the piston is gonna move laterally inside the mount.

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
So while tightening up my top shock nuts (after diagnosing that as my clunking problem) I decided to go ahead and put on Steeda Bumpstops. While I was taking the shock mounts off, I noticed that the person that did my install for fixed pro action shocks/mounts used the provided nuts from Steeda, but reused the stock spacers and did not use the gold ones that came with the mounts.

Are there major differences between these spacers? Should I leave everything off and get gold spacers from Steeda before putting everything back together?
Lots of show and tell on this page including some info on the differences between versions. https://www.steeda.com/2015-2017-mustang-shocks-and-struts

More info here: https://www.steeda.com/billet-rear-...le-pro-action-and-koni-rear-shocks-15-17.html

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
You need the spacer nut for the shock mounts.

You need to ask for the 10MM spacer nut. CALL Steeda tomorrow and it can be handled. [MENTION=25806]SteedaTech[/MENTION]

This is the part number of shock mount kit you should have bought: https://www.steeda.com/billet-rear-...le-pro-action-and-koni-rear-shocks-15-17.html

It's a good idea to put a light coating of anti-sieze on the shaft of that spacer nut that slips into the bearing race.
Sponsored