Sponsored

Steeda or Roush CAI?

show7ime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang
I am debating between the two for CAI... Any thoughts on the two?
Sponsored

Hageln

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Lot of good info here: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16435

I ended up ordering an MMR intake myself. From what I understand, intakes are mostly all the same with some small differences. A Roush intake installed at a ford dealer can potentially preserve manufacturer's warranty, while other CAI's may be grounds to void your warranty.

Either way, I'm not convinced a CAI is necessary at all in this car, and mostly just ordered on a whim.

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
guys... Save money on CAI instead buy a tune.. cai are gimmic... they have results on dyno.. but in reality nothin much gain except for sound... invest in tune..

ronv95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Whichever looks cooler to you

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Automatic
Whichever looks cooler to you
Exactly, but stay away from anything with a 3.5" or bigger tube as it is too big for the stock turbo.

Go with something 3" and looks good to you. I personally recommend Full-Race as they use 3" tubing and include a heatshield. They point the filter at the factory grill inlet as well.

Sponsored

Kyle@ROUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
I'd suggest the 421990 which would give you the option to purchase a powertrain warranty as well if you wish.

Hageln

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Exactly, but stay away from anything with a 3.5" or bigger tube as it is too big for the stock turbo.

Go with something 3" and looks good to you. I personally recommend Full-Race as they use 3" tubing and include a heatshield. They point the filter at the factory grill inlet as well.
Dammit. I bought a 3.5" CAI, but havn't installed it yet. Would it be feasible to just use a gasket to step it down to 3"?

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Dammit. I bought a 3.5" CAI, but havn't installed it yet. Would it be feasible to just use a gasket to step it down to 3"?
Which one did you get?

Also this off-topic but does anyone know the tubing size on the airaid CAI?

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Mine is 3.5 inch and i do think it effects my torque down low sometimes but it still helps up top, and i recall when I made the switch it made my acceleration feel a bit "smoother"

Sponsored

danzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Eco Boost Mustang
CAI or no CAI

I've read a lot of the CAI posts from both consumers and sellers regarding the benefits of CAI for the ecoboost Mustang. Independent tests of the JLT and AirRaid systems, for example, have shown decent benefits. Then I read that CAI systems for the ecoboost are gimmics, don't really give you any REAL benefits, are a waste of money, etc. Some of these negative claims are from contributors I have grown to respect through reading the forums. Now I'm confused. Are you saying that the posted dyno results are not really valid or are you saying that the dyno results are valid and CAIs are still not worth the cost?

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
They aren't gimmicks but some of the vendors who make and sell them mislead ppl about how much they really help. Do it for the look and the sound which is awesome but don't do it if what you really want is power. There are plenty of other things for that

Brad

Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model S - Big Turbo EB
I've read a lot of the CAI posts from both consumers and sellers regarding the benefits of CAI for the ecoboost Mustang. Independent tests of the JLT and AirRaid systems, for example, have shown decent benefits. Then I read that CAI systems for the ecoboost are gimmics, don't really give you any REAL benefits, are a waste of money, etc. Some of these negative claims are from contributors I have grown to respect through reading the forums. Now I'm confused. Are you saying that the posted dyno results are not really valid or are you saying that the dyno results are valid and CAIs are still not worth the cost?
If a company sees a gain of 1 whp over 50 independent RPM's on the dyno sheet, they can say that their product gained +50whp.

Blue_Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost
Green drop in filter ftw lol.

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website