CAI or Cobb Tuner Kit w/CAI ? (NOOB)

Muhnopoly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
current miles almost at 49k 2017 mustang ecoboost. No performance mods yet. Debating should I get just a CAI off American muscle ? No tune required. Or should I just go for the cobb access port tuner combo with a CAI straight from cobb tuners website ? I would like to keep the power train warranty as long as I can just incase something happens to my motor but I'm not that far away from it expiring so should I just do the cobb tuner kit ? I've heard if I tune my car then it wipes away all warranty especially since my dealership is crap. They don't like to fix anything. All opinions help !!!

Edit: I do have a custom exhaust, catted, midpipe magnaflow muffler and y pipe with custom exhaust tips and no i do not track the car. Just a daily driver. Automatic as well. (I know I hate myself for it)
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
No cai requires a tune for an ecoboost, there's no MAF

so the car doesn't know what cai you have, just the air that comes in. you could use any CAI or stock box and will be no difference in tune.

Just put a high flow filter in the stock box, that's what's recommended.

OP
OP
Muhnopoly

Muhnopoly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
No cai requires a tune for an ecoboost, there's no MAF

so the car doesn't know what cai you have, just the air that comes in. you could use any CAI or stock box and will be no difference in tune.

Just put a high flow filter in the stock box, that's what's recommended.
Any suggestions on a high flow filter ? I'm not too educated on the subject so direct links or brand/model would help out a ton !

3oostdmstng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
Any suggestions on a high flow filter ? I'm not too educated on the subject so direct links or brand/model would help out a ton !
K&N is a pretty popular one. Just browse the internet high flow drop in filter - making sure it fits the year and model...there's also one called green filter (not oiled). The stock box is shown to be most efficient so no need to get a cai...

16Fastback

RMR 8985
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fastback , 2009 Ranger 4x4
I know you're asking about a CAI & tune and I have both but the best thing you can do is get a intercooler best investment I have made.
Sponsored