Sponsored

Steeda Fixed Valved Pro-Action Shocks & Struts (2015-2019)

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
i just bought these yesterday the fixed ones currently have steeda progressives and was wondering how these would be with sportlines
They will work just fine. Remember to make the bump stop adjustment.

I will have that other info to you in the am via pm

Thanks Mike D
Sponsored

LucaGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I am debating between these and the adjustable one. I will run bmr handling springs, I am not the kind of guy that is gonna play with adjustments. A fixed setup makes more sense to me, but the question is... Are the adjustable shocks having more damping and better matching my springs?

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
For those springs, I'd personally opt for the adjustables and turn the adjustment to about 2 turns, starting at 1.5 (basically the fixed shock point) to see what that's like. You can just leave the adjustables there if you like it, but those are very stiff springs. You'll be fine with the fixed... but for those I'd do the adjustables.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
For those springs, I'd personally opt for the adjustables and turn the adjustment to about 2 turns, starting at 1.5 (basically the fixed shock point) to see what that's like. You can just leave the adjustables there if you like it, but those are very stiff springs. You'll be fine with the fixed... but for those I'd do the adjustables.
I would concur with this. I'd like just a touch more damping than the fixed ones provide for the rear handling springs (around 1.75 turns from soft vs. the approx 1.5 these are fixed to). The fronts are solid for the GT350R front springs.

bizkitlimped

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 shadow black V6 6spd
I've currently got a set of Eibach pro kits on my 16 v6 and am looking to upgrade the suspension even further.

Would I need to modify the bumpstops at all? i used the provided Eibach bumpstops that came with the springs.

Sponsored

Demon Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Trying to get [MENTION=9177]Demon Coyote[/MENTION] to get these or the Adjustable versions for his Sportline springs...
Yessir I'm hoping to grab them around spring time. :)

Jon|3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' 3.7 Mustang
They will work just fine. Remember to make the bump stop adjustment.

I will have that other info to you in the am via pm

Thanks Mike D
[MENTION=25806]SteedaTech[/MENTION]
hey just realized tj asked for my contact info for you to call im guessing because he mentioned Mike

i will have to make the bump stop adjustment only if i change to sportlines?

but if i stay with my steeda progressives will i still have to?

(not sure what bump stops are or how to adjust) i figured id just find a reputable shop to install

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
@SteedaTech
hey just realized tj asked for my contact info for you to call im guessing because he mentioned Mike

i will have to make the bump stop adjustment only if i change to sportlines?

but if i stay with my steeda progressives will i still have to?

(not sure what bump stops are or how to adjust) i figured id just find a reputable shop to install
Basically a bump stop keeps the suspension from crashing and limits the suspension travel on compression.

If you run the Sportlines , I would recommend the shorter adjustment.

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mustang-adjustable-bumpstop-kit.html

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored
OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Both are a great option & the adjustable shocks have been tremendously popular.

TJ

Mustang_Eh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
As someone with extremely limited knowledge in suspension, what would you recommend for DD and occasional track (lapping) duty? I don't really like to dabble with settings post install. I have progressive springs only right now.

MtnBiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
As someone with extremely limited knowledge in suspension, what would you recommend for DD and occasional track (lapping) duty? I don't really like to dabble with settings post install. I have progressive springs only right now.
I have the fixed valve Pro-Actions. Compression damping is a little more aggressive than I would have set on my own. Rebound damping is amazing and really addresses the bouncy/busy stuff. Particularly in back. These just work so well with my chassis and springs (Steeda Linear Sports). On smoother roads they are quite comfortable and planted for daily driving. On bumpier roads you do feel the increased compression damping but it keeps the car from bottoming out and handling is spot on. No free lunch. And this is why I like the fixed setup. Steeda did a lot of testing with tools I don't have. I think they got the balance right - biased to spirited handling on the street. Unless you are running handling springs and regularly tracking your car, I think the fixed are great for your stated needs.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Easy to answer this: Steeda Fixed. I've driven a car with Steeda Progressives and Steeda fixed Pro-Actions -- excellent handling.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I have the fixed valve Pro-Actions. Compression damping is a little more aggressive than I would have set on my own. Rebound damping is amazing and really addresses the bouncy/busy stuff. Particularly in back. These just work so well with my chassis and springs (Steeda Linear Sports). On smoother roads they are quite comfortable and planted for daily driving. On bumpier roads you do feel the increased compression damping but it keeps the car from bottoming out and handling is spot on. No free lunch. And this is why I like the fixed setup. Steeda did a lot of testing with tools I don't have. I think they got the balance right - biased to spirited handling on the street. Unless you are running handling springs and regularly tracking your car, I think the fixed are great for your stated needs.
The compression damping is actually softer than the PP shocks and struts.

I would agree that these are a fine choice with any linear spring up to about 250 lb/in front and 1000 lb/in rear, but would excel with anything from stock PP rates to about 200/900. I'm sure they work fine with a progressive spring too.
Sponsored