Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Hello All:

If you have a track or competition-built vehicle, this competition rear sway bar has been designed to meet your needs. Adjustable and with a softer rate than any of our other sway bars, this bar gives you the ability to run stiffer springs and other track-purpose parts on the car.

Product Available HERE

Product Benefits:
  • Designed to work with track-focused parts
  • Up to 39% softer than our standard rear sway bars
  • Helps with corner exit grip
  • Excellent for open track and autocross
  • Improved suspension geometry
  • Includes hardware and relocation brackets
1664498201642.png

1664498173925.png
Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Hello All:

If you have a track or competition-built vehicle, this competition rear sway bar has been designed to meet your needs. Adjustable and with a softer rate than any of our other sway bars, this bar gives you the ability to run stiffer springs and other track-purpose parts on the car.

Product Available HERE

Product Benefits:
  • Designed to work with track-focused parts
  • Up to 39% softer than our standard rear sway bars
  • Helps with corner exit grip
  • Excellent for open track and autocross
  • Improved suspension geometry
  • Includes hardware and relocation bracket
I saw rates on the link compared to a base GT rear sway bar but how this compare to a PP1 sway bar what are the benefits over the stock bars ? I use Steeda Front Bar with OEM PP1 rear and it's working like a charm.

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Bravo Steeda!

It’s so nice to see this very needed part becoming available for the people with so much front grip that the rear can’t keep up.

Of course this is like 6 months after I filled my storage area with every weak rear swaybar ford made.

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I saw rates on the link compared to a base GT rear sway bar but how this compare to a PP1 sway bar what are the benefits over the stock bars ? I use Steeda Front Bar with OEM PP1 rear and it's working like a charm.
I spoke to our road racing extraordinaire - Glen, he said the following:

So this bar will definitely help. To answer his other question about the benefits over stock -

It is considerably softer than the PP1 rear bar based on the softest setting of our new comp bar it would be around 33-35% softer.
  • This bar is at a considerably softer rate than what he is using. Depending on his driving style he might like it

• Adjustability - different tracks and different weather conditions dictate different settings ... it would offer that benefit over stock

• Should be the same weight or a little lighter than his PP rear bar.

Let me know if you want to chat with Glen - he's the pilot of the 20-car along with Dario.

TJ

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Bump since I just saw this and watched the video. This will induce understeer no matter what bar you are running. What setting is recommended with the dual comps?

Sponsored

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Working on this for you via Jamie who tested this extensively with multiple set-ups.

TJ

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Our testing shows that you should start with the middle setting on the rear bar with dual-rate springs.

Now a couple of things to consider with respect to understeering with this combination:

1, front camber, If you are using this setup for a track day event or auto-cross, you will need to have proper negative camber for the tires you will run. We recommend starting at -3.0 degrees if running competition tires.

2, Because of the higher rear spring rate, you do not need as much rear bar rate to balance the car. Too much rear bar rate will only cause excessive oversteer, not allowing as much corner speed as expected.

3, for the maximum benefit of track-use parts, you need to make sure there is enough adjustability in your chassis and suspension to properly set up and use these parts(camber plates, toe links, etc.). If you can not achieve the negative front camber required for the car’s weight or tire grip level, an understeer is going to happen.

Jamis is available during normal business hours if you would like to discuss further with him.

Let me know if I can help assist you further.

TJ

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Of course this is like 6 months after I filled my storage area with every weak rear swaybar ford made.
Did you get a 20mm? That's my go-to.

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Did you get a 20mm? That's my go-to.
I don’t even knows what in the pile anymore. I collected the bars, but then went to -2.7 rear camber and the car has been well behaved with the Strano bar on soft.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Maybe someone can explain why nobody (apparently) makes a virtually infinitely adjustable bar that can be adjusted in minutes?

Similar to karting frame sections that use a flat center part that is rotated to change stiffness. For a sway bar, make the flat section horizontal and it can be loose as a noodle. Twist it vertical and zero flex. And anywhere in-between just by temporarily loosening how the ends attach and rotate the flat center part.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Maybe someone can explain why nobody (apparently) makes a virtually infinitely adjustable bar that can be adjusted in minutes?

Similar to karting frame sections that use a flat center part that is rotated to change stiffness. For a sway bar, make the flat section horizontal and it can be loose as a noodle. Twist it vertical and zero flex. And anywhere in-between just by temporarily loosening how the ends attach and rotate the flat center part.
There's 2 really good reasons.

The first is that customers are just too bloody stupid. If you can tell someone, "Put it in the middle hole." They will understand that. Trying to explain a blade angle would be impossible.

The second is that they're expensive. I'm planning on making one at some point, though.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
There's 2 really good reasons.

The first is that customers are just too bloody stupid. If you can tell someone, "Put it in the middle hole." They will understand that. Trying to explain a blade angle would be impossible.

The second is that they're expensive. I'm planning on making one at some point, though.
So.... basically, you are saying Steeda, Ford Performance, etc, etc, etc just make bars for cheap stupid people? :wink:

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
It’s also a princess and the pea type of thing. It’s really hard to judge small changes outside of dynamically changing conditions like weather, tire temp, fuel level, track knowledge, etc.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
So.... basically, you are saying Steeda, Ford Performance, etc, etc, etc just make bars for cheap stupid people? :wink:
Yes. Ford Performance sells to active enthusiasts. Steeda sells to active enthusiasts. Neither is a true racing company, and they're both more profitable because of that choice.

These bars are good. Better is possible, but it will likely be custom built.
Sponsored