Steeda idler and tensioner pulleys

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Is anyone running the Steeda idler and tensioner pulleys? I just received mine today and I stalled them. The pulley that fits onto the boss in the engine cover fits perfectly (no wobble), whereas the tensioner pulley has a slight wobble (can move it by hand). Followed the instructions in the video and left off the steel washer (washer won’t fit anyway because the pulley has a snap-ring in place). I’m thinking this might be the cause of the wobble.
Sponsored

OP
OP
NGOT8R

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Is there a benefit to these over oe parts?
I wouldn’t say there’s a performance benefit from running them, but they are definitely stronger and more robust than the factory pulleys.

I made a makeshift lathe, using my Dewalt drill to turn down the factory washer that Steeda’s instructions said to omit when reinstalling the mounting bolt, as it would not fit, due to a snap ring that was holding the pulley’s bearing in place. Once I had turned down the washer, it fit perfectly and therefore, I tried using it to see if it would eliminate the wobble (which is about .010 at best btw), but the wobble was still present. Given that the factory washer didn’t help any, I removed it and reinstalled the bolt without it per Steeda’s instructions.

EC99DDBC-2050-4351-9EC8-31A41CEFEB1D.jpeg

6C51247F-4167-45F3-ADA7-D31C322502A3.jpeg
Sponsored