Tubalkayne

First Time Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Steeda PP, Competition Orange,
I love my Steeda bars and billet mounts along with the subframe braces and g-trac brace.

My rear is set on the middle setting and my front bar is on notch 3 of 4 (1 off the firmest). These really transform the handling, control and feel of the car.
I'm thinking about the Extreme G-Trac brace as part of phase 3.
Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I hit a pretty sharp curve the last 2 days on my way to work and I don't feel any understeer at all (at least I can't tell) I was doing between 60-70 mph through the turn it just felt nice! More to come in about 2 weeks.
Yep, I do that on a 30 MPH turn near my house that I'm very comfortable with but I'm not pushing the car (not even hearing the tires yet), don't want to do that on the street. It'll be great to hear when you're on the track where you have proper surface and room to use all of it and a place to go if you pushed it too hard. :thumbsup:

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

M3Convert

American Muscle Noob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
I'd be interested to read how the handling balance changes when you adjust the setting on the sway bar ends. The optimum handling (how the car reacts to steering input) may be with a different setting between front and rear.

http://store.uucmotorwerks.com/articles/swaybar_setup.htm

Also, looking at the text of the linked page, you can effectively make 16 different stiffness settings with 4 holes/side (9 with 3 holes/side)

Last edited:

M3Convert

American Muscle Noob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
I'd be interested to read how the handling balance changes when you adjust the setting on the sway bar ends. The optimum handling (how the car reacts to steering input) may be with a different setting between front and rear.

http://store.uucmotorwerks.com/articles/swaybar_setup.htm

Also, looking at the text of the linked page, you can effectively make 16 different stiffness settings with 4 holes/side (9 with 3 holes/side)
Actually, the math here is horrible...10 settings for the 4 hole, 6 for the 3 hole...:headbonk:

Sponsored

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197

WKT

I Bleed FORD Blue!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lead Foot Grey
Tubalkayne, I got my Steeda sway bars and strut brace last week. I followed your lead and set them on stiff as I too have the Steeda progressives. All I can say is WOW! If a lowly non-PP GT can handle like this then I would love to ride in a GT350R one time! I'm getting the G-Trac brace and rear subframe supports first of next week. This thing is a BLAST to drive! Where I live we have traffic circles, I tried one the other night with no cars around, it will scare the shit out of you how fast you can go around it without even a tire squeal!

ksiefken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/ PP
I spend Sunday installing Steeda's front and rear sway bars (with billet aluminum sway bar bushings) on my 2015 GT PP. This is in addition to the progressive springs and sub frame bushing supports that are already installed. The installation of the rear parts were easy while the front was more tedious but not impossible for the average mechanically inclined person. I opted for maximum stiffness on the sway bars for the best handling performance. visibly there is a huge difference in the side and quality of the sway bars. Steeda's are much more stout and the bushing are significantly stiffer, the mounts are lighter (based on the standard mounts that come with the sway bars) but a much better design.

The sub frame braces look like the perfect way to tie the IRS sub frame into the vehicle and "tighten things up". The brace connects near the jack points on each side to two points on the sub frame and one point in between creating a triangle for some serious stability. This is a tight fit so make sure you follow the instructions from Steeda and keep the bolts loose until things are set.

I haven't had the car on the track yet, but there is a huge difference in just daily driving. I've hit a couple of curves hard and the car seems to dive into them and there is much more confidence in the car. All in all I made a great choice. Steeda should have sold these to ford during manufacturing and the car should drive like this out of the factory!
I agree! Ford should have at least provided the additional bracing (g-trac and rear subframe) from the factory on PP cars.

OP
OP

Tubalkayne

First Time Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Saturday I was at the Florida International Rally and Motorsport Park (a 1.5 mile road course) in Starke Florida with [MENTION=10213]stoli[/MENTION] and this was the real test of my recent Steeda suspension upgrades. This was my first time on a road course so I am an inexperienced beginner. I again will state that I have my sway bars on the stiffest setting front and rear and it is a perfect setting for my driving style. We started the day with a wet track from the rain that passed through early in the morning. Lap times where around 1:45-1:53 for me which I was happy with considering my lack of knowledge and the fear factor of not knowing the cars limits. I was able to get my times down to 1:35 which was I was very happy with considering Stoli's best time is 1:23 an he's been driving this course a lot longer than me. I finally took Stoli up on his offer for a ride along because I was obviously not up to par for a Mustang on this track (as he made quite clear). At the end of the day my best time was 1:29 and I am very satisfied. The suspension performed great, I felt no over or under steer at all and the car felt solid in some of tightest of turns. I'm confident that with some more experience I'll get times lap times down even more. Once thing I did notice is that the sway bars squeak when I go over speed bumps (I didn't use the grease provided). So there is an increase in noise there but I am still not hearing any drivetrain slack like noise when starting off.

Reactions: WKT

Enzo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Enzo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Saturday I was at the Florida International Rally and Motorsport Park (a 1.5 mile road course) in Starke Florida with [MENTION=10213]stoli[/MENTION] and this was the real test of my recent Steeda suspension upgrades. This was my first time on a road course so I am an inexperienced beginner. I again will state that I have my sway bars on the stiffest setting front and rear and it is a perfect setting for my driving style. We started the day with a wet track from the rain that passed through early in the morning. Lap times where around 1:45-1:53 for me which I was happy with considering my lack of knowledge and the fear factor of not knowing the cars limits. I was able to get my times down to 1:35 which was I was very happy with considering Stoli's best time is 1:23 an he's been driving this course a lot longer than me. I finally took Stoli up on his offer for a ride along because I was obviously not up to par for a Mustang on this track (as he made quite clear). At the end of the day my best time was 1:29 and I am very satisfied. The suspension performed great, I felt no over or under steer at all and the car felt solid in some of tightest of turns. I'm confident that with some more experience I'll get times lap times down even more. Once thing I did notice is that the sway bars squeak when I go over speed bumps (I didn't use the grease provided). So there is an increase in noise there but I am still not hearing any drivetrain slack like noise when starting off.
Did you try regressing the swayer brackets? Plus I could not for the life of me get the drivers side billet bracket on there. How did you guys get it? Also when going on a driveway slowly i hear in the rear some slight chatter when going in, but if i let go of the throttle and let it ride back it won't do it again. Anyone else noticing this?

Sponsored
OP
OP

Tubalkayne

First Time Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Did you try regressing the swayer brackets? Plus I could not for the life of me get the drivers side billet bracket on there. How did you guys get it? Also when going on a driveway slowly i hear in the rear some slight chatter when going in, but if i let go of the throttle and let it ride back it won't do it again. Anyone else noticing this?
I'm not regressing crap! That front bar was a Bitch to get on. I used channel locks to tighten that bad boy down. Dann pesky alternator was in the wrong location. I would guess its the drive train but I am not hearing anything like that. Keep in mind I also have the IRS sub frame braces installed.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Enzo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Enzo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
I'm not regressing crap! That front bar was a Bitch to get on. I used channel locks to tighten that bad boy down. Dann pesky alternator was in the wrong location. I would guess its the drive train but I am not hearing anything like that. Keep in mind I also have the IRS sub frame braces installed.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
Yeah I know the front was crazy. I ended up putting the stock brackets. I think I might put stock back on the rear. I don't like the fact that the billet brackets have elongated holes I feel like it would move under pressure.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

OP
OP

Tubalkayne

First Time Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I know the front was crazy. I ended up putting the stock brackets. I think I might put stock back on the rear. I don't like the fact that the billet brackets have elongated holes I feel like it would move under pressure.

you put the Stock brackets back on? of did you put the Stock looking pones that came with the Sway bars? I'm pretty sure that would not happen with the billet aluminum brackets. Steeda hasn't been around this long because they have bad design engineers, leave them on and see what happens.

Enzo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Enzo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
you put the Stock brackets back on? of did you put the Stock looking pones that came with the Sway bars? I'm pretty sure that would not happen with the billet aluminum brackets. Steeda hasn't been around this long because they have bad design engineers, leave them on and see what happens.
I put the bracket that came with the swaybar. It's just my rear ones I out billet and when I go into a driveway it creeks and it annoys the crap out of me.