Sponsored

Steeda Delrin Vertical Links after 10 Track Days / 20-25K Miles

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Figured I'd share what my Steeda Delrin vertical links look like after, I think, 10 track days, about 20-25K miles total, and greasing them only when I installed.

As you can see, there is no cracking or abnormal or even particularly evident abrasion/wear to the bushing - nothing abnormally or unacceptably "digging in" like I've seen on other options. The "white marks" you see on the bushing at the top of the picture is pretty much dirty grease and discoloration from cleaning these with some brake cleaner (and there's probably some anti-seize mixed in because that stuff gets into everything). The black hue you see on the washers is just grime that I was too lazy to clean off entirely and actually made somewhat worse when I half-ass attempted to do so. So, the bottom left bushing is the best example of what they all actually look like in-person. Obviously the aluminum structure is unscathed excepting a few beauty marks I put on it during installation.

There's a reason Steeda designed these this way; why the bushing is so large. :headbang:
Steeda VLinks.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tuxedomouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Grabber Blue Premium PP
These are the ones you're selling on ebay, right?

Ryan P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jap Crap
What improvements did you notice after installing these? Did they squeak at all?

Sponsored

OP
OP

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I just switched to Steeda's poly vertical links... just tweaking how things work together.

Future plans are coilovers and maybe solid mounting the IRS, but I'd rather spend the money on going to some road courses I haven't been to next year.

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Was it road harshness the reason you stepped down from delrin to poly? My roads aren't flat out here so I'm think delrin would be too harsh for the road with our springs

OP
OP

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
No. I wanted more compliance there since I don’t drag race.

Only vertical links I’ve has that transmitted any noise were BMR spherical.

Compliance here seems to help with stability under heavy braking.

S550GTCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Corvette Grand Sport w/Z07, 2011 Golf TDI
I have FTBR spherical everything (sway bar end links, LCAs, vertical links, UCAs) and I don't get any weird noises. Definitely stiff though.

Sponsored

Tuxedomouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Grabber Blue Premium PP
But what is the benefit over factory? There's plenty if compliance with the factory links

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Very nice, thanks for sharing! I swapped my Steeda vertical links with delrin bushings for the ones with polyurethane bushings since I'm more concerned about the corners than straight line traction. Mine came off looking very good too with over 25k miles on them. Like you, I greased them once when I put them on and never had a squeak, creak or knock out of them. I just wanted a little more compliance for the corners.

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
So, let me get this right. If I have a road&track pony I want Delrin bushings for better feel or what? Poly is more compliant.

Last edited:
OP
OP

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
So, let me get this right. If I have a road&track pony I want Delrin bushings for better feel or what? Poly is more compliant.
Here's how I see it:
- Poly/Urethane = road course car
- Delrin = drag car

If you want an all-arounder, decide which of those applications you bias toward. I road coursed with the Delrin ones and have been doing well for my experience level, so it's not like you can't road course with Delrin.

Street only car, if you are going to bother to spend the money, I'd get the poly/urethane if you have stiffened your IRS with Steeda or BMR bars and I'd get Delrin if you haven't. To me this makes the most sense because this is the evolution I took and is working for ME. Doesn't mean I'm technically right in suggesting that... but it's worked for ME.

OP
OP

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
But what is the benefit over factory? There's plenty if compliance with the factory links
I notice reduced inside wheel hop (in turns while smashing the gas) the most with improved vertical links (I've the Torsen). For a handling-oriented car, probably don't spend money on vertical links first. I have, obviously, but I am very sensitive to road feel as a driver from a confidence perspective. I doubt changing vertical links is going to dramatically increase lap times for anyone but advanced drivers.

For a drag car, vertical links will have a more obvious benefit when combined with IRS-stiffening (wheel hop reducing) parts.

These are the first mod for a lot of people because they are easy to do. They should be one of the last, IMO, especially for a road course car.
Sponsored

Last edited: