OP
OP
Dave2013M3

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
I've personally run the Roush and loved it. It was pretty rowdy at start up and under load but surprisingly tame at temp and at fixed/cruise speed. The sound quality was refined despite it's rowdy nature.

Steeda is the same. Tame when you aren't on the gas and no drone. To be honest I wonder if same manufacturer just different logo.
Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
When I do the Roush full catback with X-pipe, I am going to leave the resonators on.

LOL :cwl:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dave2013M3

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Roush with X or H is narly and has a real race car sound. I have yet to hear a louder exhaust (that includes corsa extreme) in person with stock headers. If you're going with headers and\or live in a area that doesn't have a lot of loud trucks, cars, and bikes then go with something else.

AS someone else said it's very tame at low rpms or warm idle but animalistic above 3k rpms.

Sponsored

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
i have the steeda and am a little biased. the roush always sounds too raspy for me. the steeda has a cleaner and deeper tone. both have 0 drone. as far as build quality, the roush seems higher quality IMO. i also had to have my installer modify the hangers to get the steedas to sit right for me since i saw a lot of pictures of installs where they sat really low. overall, i love my steedas and wouldn't get anything else if i had to do it over again. i'm on the stock suitcase too

OP
OP
Dave2013M3

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i have the steeda and am a little biased. the roush always sounds too raspy for me. the steeda has a cleaner and deeper tone. both have 0 drone. as far as build quality, the roush seems higher quality IMO. i also had to have my installer modify the hangers to get the steedas to sit right for me since i saw a lot of pictures of installs where they sat really low. overall, i love my steedas and wouldn't get anything else if i had to do it over again. i'm on the stock suitcase too

Remove the suitcase and you will get some rasp. That being said as the car warms up the sound of the Steeda does warm up. I am running a Borla Switchfire as a res delete and it does sound mean. I didn't have any issues with them hanging to low.

Last edited:

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
Remove the suitcase and you will get some rasp.
that's why i'm keeping it. the sound is perfect right now. i don't want to ruin it just to pick up 3hp. roush is raspy even with the stock h pipe though, at least on all the cars i've heard

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I don't really see this as a Steeda vs Roush question. They are both very similar in sound if you go with their x/h pipe and axle backs...with the Steeda being slightly louder in my opinion. I don't have any problem with it being too loud.

OP
OP
Dave2013M3

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't really see this as a Steeda vs Roush question. They are both very similar in sound if you go with their x/h pipe and axle backs...with the Steeda being slightly louder in my opinion. I don't have any problem with it being too loud.

I posed that question before I bought the Steeda. Others have said Roush is louder. Steeda is loud but warmed up sounds smooth.

Sponsored

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Roush is louder.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Sorry fellows, thats what I get for typing on my phone. Look at post 2 where I said Roush is louder.

skinnysaurus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Roush with X or H is narly and has a real race car sound. I have yet to hear a louder exhaust (that includes corsa extreme) in person with stock headers. If you're going with headers and\or live in a area that doesn't have a lot of loud trucks, cars, and bikes then go with something else.

AS someone else said it's very tame at low rpms or warm idle but animalistic above 3k rpms.
+1. I had the Roush with X-pipe before I took the x-pipe off. It was insanely loud. As mean as it sounded, it wasn’t very livable with.

OP
OP
Dave2013M3

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How is the steeda muffler going? I'm stuck between roush or steeda.

Sorry man just saw this now. I switched out the Steeda for Ford Racing by Borla Sport. I like it much better. The Steeda with the Borla Switchfire was way to trumpety and raspy as hell. I even welded in 2 small race mufflers before the mufflers to help tame it to no avail.
Sponsored